Is this the end of the stand-alone, no-subscription app?

Options
Jim_here
Jim_here
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

https://support.1password.com/kb/202303/

Does this mean what I think it means, no more stand-alone app?

1Password Version: 7.9.10 (70910002)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 13.3.1
Browser:_ Firefox

Comments

• Hello @Jim_here! 👋

The 1Password Classic browser extension was last updated in 2019. It was built on older technologies and will not be compatible with future updates to web browsers. Our latest extension, 1Password in the browser, is in active development: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

You'll still be able to use the 1Password 7 app for as long as it continues to work on your devices. However, with the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. We strongly encourage you to update to the latest and greatest version as soon as you have the chance.

If you're currently using an old licensed version of 1Password then please send an email to support+tradein@1password.com so that our support team can take a look and advise on the best path forward. 🙂

-Dave

• Jim_here
    Jim_here
    Community Member
    Options

Although I don't see an answer in there, I'm guessing it is: Correct, no more stand-alone app from 1Password 8, we're forced into subscription mode or go elsewhere.

• Dave_1P
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Jim_here

If you have a license for 1Password 7 then you can continue to use the old app for as long as it continues to work on your device.

1Password 8, the latest version of the app, does indeed require a membership. 1Password.com memberships are the future of 1Password and you can read some of our founder Dave's thoughts here: The future of local/standalone vaults — 1Password Support Community

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.