1Password Helper Error when closing my 1Password app

Options
parekh
parekh
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi, I just upgraded my OS to Mountain Lion, and I just purchased version 3.9 of 1Password from the App Store. I am facing a problem with the Chrome browser extension - it says there is a problem with the 1Password Helper (http://imgur.com/1Stw7Ya).

I find that opening the 1Password app resolves this problem. The browser extension works while the app is running. However, as soon as I quit the app, the browser extension stops working and gives me the same error.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2013
    Options

Hi @parekh,

That sounds like 1Password app is configured to shut down Helper when you shut down 1Password. To fix this:

1. Open the main 1Password app and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Extensions
    2. Check Keep Helper running to enable extension features.

That should fix your issue.

• parekh
    parekh
    Community Member
    edited February 2013
    Options

Thank you very much for your prompt response. Your diagnosis is spot-on, and this issue is now resolved!

PS: I really appreciate the great customer service that you guys are providing on these forums.

• Hi @parekh,

That's great, I'm glad it helped and you're welcome.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, we always want to improve our service and we're working on improving the forums to allow even better services in the future.

This discussion has been closed.