what keychains do i replace to complete the upgrade to Mac OS MONTEREY from mohavi

Options
MitchJi
MitchJi
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

when i upgraded the os-mohavi i was not given the choice to install it on the same partition so i chose an empty partition on the same drive. the process automatically transferred all of my data and apps etc. but it really fouled up 1password. it is using an old copy, or copies of the keychain on the mac and worse it's been automatically updating our ipad and iphones! i have time machine backups of both systems and both systems will run but the mojave is generating so many faults its hard to use. i'd love a TM solution that i can run from monterey!

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: 6.8.9
OS Version: 10.1[4?].? & 12.6.5
Browser:_ crome
Referrer: forum-search:what keychains do i replace to complete upgrade to Mac OS MONTEREY from mohavi

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @MitchJi! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble. 1Password 6 for Mac is no longer supported and I recommend that you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can take a look at the situation and help you migrate your items to a newer version of 1Password. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• MitchJi
    MitchJi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave! i made a mistake and sent the email before i added this to the email or the original post:

Ot the exact file names and locations (the installation process changed the file locations! on the Mohave partition which might explain the stability problems on that system) on both systems so i can manually copy the correct files with the terminal or the finder.

copy of the email:
    Hello there! 👋

My human friends have received your follow-up email from your conversation in the forum and they'll be back with you shortly.

For your reference, this is your support ID:

[#ZDA-49843-598]

Please include the full support ID (including the brackets) in the subject of any follow-up emails so we can keep things organized. Also post the support ID back in the forum discussion if requested.

Thanks again for reaching out to us about 1Password. We look forward to helping you! 🙂

BitBot, and the entire 1Password team ❤️🇨🇦

Help shape the future of 1Password by joining our growing research community!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@MitchJi

Thank you for posting the Support ID! I can confirm that your email made it to the right team and one of my colleagues will send you a reply as soon as possible. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: ZDA-49843-598

This discussion has been closed.