Forced to enter master password twice in 1 minute: once in browser, again in the application - why?

Options

Scenario:
OS X 10.8.2 / 1Password 3.8.20 build 31499 / FireFox 18.0.2

• I wake my Mac from sleep, go to a website (let's say, the AgileBits forum,) and use 1Password to fill & submit my login to access the forums.
  • I am prompted for my Master Password once (in the Web browser extension), I give it, then it logs me into the Agile Bits forum. No problem so far.
  • I then switch to the 1Password Application itself, say, to look up some other info (or whatever) -- and I have to re-enter my master password to get into the 1Password app. Is there a security reason for that? I'd think that since I just entered my master pass ~30 seconds before in the browser extension, that would be sufficient to gain access to the app.

Please explain / correct / advise,

-Gosmond

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Enable Universal Unlock.

In the main 1Password application, make sure both "Disable automatic unlock…" options are UNCHECKED on the Security preference pane.

In the extension, make sure "Enable Universal Unlock" is CHECKED in the Security section of the extension's settings.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.