1Password 7, from July browser extensions will no longer work

Options
Alfr3d
Alfr3d
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Good morning, I purchased 1Password 4 and 1Password 7 licenses. But since a few days I get the message that from July the browser extensions will not work anymore and that I have to purchase 1Password 8 to use these extensions. The problem is that I don't want to save my passwords in the cloud, but I want to continue using 1Password offline. It is not fair to prevent people who have purchased a regular license (2 in my case) to use all the services, spending a lot of money.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Alfr3d! 👋

1Password Classic was last updated in 2019. It was built on older technologies and will not be compatible with future updates to web browsers. Our latest extension, 1Password in the browser, is in active development: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

I recommend that you send an email to our support team so that they can take a look at the licenses that you purchased and see what options are available. Please send an email to support+forum@1password.com. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to the proper team. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.