AutoType in Bastion...

Options
RimRex
RimRex
Community Member

AutoType in Bastion, Awingu or other HTML RDP Sessions not working.
Tried this on Own build Awingu over Edge and Firefox
Tried in Azure Bastion Session over Edge and Firefox

1Password Version: 8.10.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Edge, Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:AutoType in Bastion

Comments

• RimRex
    RimRex
    Community Member
    Options

AutoType with Keepass works just be sure it works somehow.

• Hello @RimRex,

Thanks for your message. It's like you may be referring to the type in window functionality of 1Password 8 for Windows. Would mind confirming?

Could you also let us know if you see similar troubles copy/pasting or drag and dropping credentials to these windows? Thanks!

• RimRex
    RimRex
    Community Member
    Options

HTML 5 Webconsole - vCenter

HTML 5 Webconsole - HPE iLO

Tried to use the function from 1Password 8 for Windows (Type to Window, Drag&Drop)

Copy and Paste to this consoles is not working, because they do not support Clipboard-sharing.

• Hello @RimRex,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for getting back to me.

I don't have any further news to share at this time, but I've passed these details along to our dev team for investigation.

ref: dev/core/core#20007

• RimRex
    RimRex
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, would be really nice to see this working.

• You're welcome, @RimRex!

• RimRex
    RimRex
    Community Member
    Options

Just wondering, any Updates on this topic?

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @RimRex! Thanks for checking back in with us about this 😄

Our developers have very recently made some changes to the Type in window and drag and drop features, and these changes are available in the latest Nightly release. If you'd like to give this a try, you can follow the steps below to move over to the Nightly:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and click 1Password near the top.
    2. Unlock with your usual credentials if prompted.
    3. In the top left, next to the word 1Password, click ⋮ > Settings > Advanced, and change the release channel to Nightly.
    4. Under the Settings > About tab, check for updates, and then restart the app when prompted to complete the installation.

Let us know how this goes!

• RimRex
    RimRex
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @1P_Gem ! Many Thanks for your answer.

I've changed from Beta to Nightly release and tried to use the Auto-Type in a Web Based HTML5 GUI for ILO 5 and Bastion.
    Type in Windows is still not working in this.

• 1P_Gem
    Options

Hi @RimRex! Thanks for trying this out and letting us know how you got on. I've passed your findings here along to our developers.

• 1P_Gem
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @RimRex, apologies for the double post here! I've discussed this with one of our developers, and they've asked me to confirm whether you've tried dragging and dropping your credentials from 1Password directly onto the specific fields in the web interface?

If you have tried this, and it hasn't worked, it's possible these interfaces are blocking the ability to receive input, as well as blocking clipboard sharing.

This discussion has been closed.