How to move a login between vaults

Options
BrianL51
BrianL51
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've recently upgraded from Personal to a Family Account so my wife can use 1Password too. We both have Windows PCs running 1Password 7. We each have one Private vault each, and there's a Shared vault. While logged in, within my own private vault, I just created a login for her. I then moved it to the Shared vault. I no longer have it, but we can both see the item if we either use All Vaults or switch to the Shared vault. It was my intention to move the item from the Shared vault into my wife's Private vault, where she'd be able to keep it up to date herself. I would no longer be able to see it, and that would be OK. The problem is that I can't figure out how we can get the item moved from the Shared vault to her Private vault. (In future, we can make sure that items are created in the 'right' vault in the first place, but surely there's a way to transfer items from one vault to another?)

1Password Version: Version 1521 (1Password 7)
Extension Version: 2.10.0
OS Version: Windows 10 & 11
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:moving a login item between vaults

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @BrianL51! 👋

Every user has their own Private vault and it's not possible to move items into another user's Private vault since that's an exclusive space that they control themselves. If you've moved the item into the Shared vault your wife can now move the item from the Shared vault into her Private vault on her Windows PC. Let me know if that doesn't work.

I would also recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8 for Windows since that's the latest version: Upgrade to 1Password 8 for Windows

Since you already have a 1Password Families membership the upgrade is available to you at no additional cost. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.