Helper not connected, extension just counting

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: How To: Install the Chrome extension on a Mac.

Comments

• raeraeerst
    raeraeerst
    Community Member
    Options

The extension will not work for me- I enter my password and it just keeps counting. The extension logo has a small red ! so I know something is wrong.

I am running version 3.8.20 on my Mac and just downloaded the latest Chrome extension.

Any recommendations? I've tried many solutions recommend on the forums.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

What specific versions of Chrome and the extension?

Please let me know and try selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar in 1Password. Does that help?

• hcubed
    hcubed
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar situation. My Chrome extension just started to show connection problems (red !). I restarted the helper agent with no luck. The Safari extension is working fine. I re-installed the Chrome extension and now I get the behavior described here - continuing attempt to connect.

I am running the following versions on my Mac (10.7.5):

Safari: 6.0.2
    1Password Extension: 3.9.9

Chrome: 25.0.1364.99 beta
    1Password Extension: 3.9.10.2 (tried 3.9.9 and it had same behavior)

My password store is on Dropbox.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Beta browser builds are not guaranteed to work, so please be sure you are testing the latest stable build of Chrome, but you didn't mention your 1Password app version. Could you let me know what it is?

• hcubed
    hcubed
    Community Member
    Options

• hcubed
    hcubed
    Community Member
    Options

And now it is working. Instead of the connecting message, it displayed synching when I unlocked 1password in Chrome. Oh well, I was ready to dtruss it.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you just updated to 3.8.20 that would explain it. Otherwise, it is hard to say what the issue was without seeing a full Diagnostics Report. (Even then the logs may not go back far enough to be useful.) Please do keep me posted, though, if you have any other trouble. That obviously should not occur with any regularity. :)

This discussion has been closed.