Gray screen -- can't log in

Options
profk
profk
Community Member
edited May 2023 in Windows

I'm running 1password app nightly build (as of 2023 05 20). When I launch the app or via edge browser extension, just see a gray rectangle with no option to login. Only by disconnecting the edge browser extension from the application can I log in and use 1password.

I tried rebooting, to no avail. I have also tried changing accent color as well as modifying the json file (old suggestions I found on the web). Both failed.

I believe this started yesterday.

1Password Version: current nightly
Extension Version: 2.10.0 20246, on STABLE channel
OS Version: Windows 11 most current
Browser:_ Edge
Referrer: forum-search:gray screen

Comments

• ag_tommy
    Options

@profk

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question. One of my colleagues will be able to look into this in more detail.

Include the following:

Your user name here in the forum. profk
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/140274/gray-screen-cant-log-in#latest

This will help us connect the dots as they say.

--

Off-hand can you change your update channel to our beta and then replace the 1Password Application with the beta? Does that alleviate the trouble? https://downloads.1password.com/win/1PasswordSetup-latest.BETA.exe

ref: dev/core/core#22016

• Tesserax
    Tesserax
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

I seem to have the same issue as the OP. In my case with both the Edge & Brave browsers. My PC is running Windows 11 Pro, version 22H2. I already tried to install the 1Password beta, per your link, but it told me that I already have a newer version and stopped the install.

Disabling the 1Password extensions, in either browser, did not resolve the issue.

• Netpog
    Netpog
    Community Member
    Options

I've the same problem, as detailed, with screenshot, in this closely-related thread.

@profk, I'll send an email, thanks, if reinstallation doesn't help. (Note: I'm already on beta channel.)

• Netpog
    Netpog
    Community Member
    Options

Fixed it! I had been on NIGHTLY channel. Uninstalling, then installing the BETA (via @profk's link, above), worked immediately.

• Tesserax
    Tesserax
    Community Member
    Options

Update: Following the uninstall of the nightly build, and then, installing the beta, resolved the problem in Windows 11 Pro.

• profk
    profk
    Community Member
    Options

Success. Uninstalled. Reinstalled the "beta" download (link above). For safety, changed "Release channel" under advanced settings to "beta" instead of "nightly." Seems to be working now.

• ScottS1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi everyone,

Our team is currently investigating a problem that prevents the 1Password window from appearing in recent nightly versions of 1Password 8.10.7. The problem has been fixed in 8.10.7-29. To get 1Password working again, reinstall the beta version of 1Password:

If you still have any issues opening 1Password after running the beta installer, please email support@1password.com so we can investigate any remaining issues with you.

Thank you,

This discussion has been closed.