IOS avoids 1password

Options
pathfinder76
pathfinder76
Community Member

sometimes when i am on a website in safari, it wont let me see the option for 1password. any work ardound ideas?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @pathfinder76

When you say, "it wont let me see the option for 1password", could you tell me a bit more about what you're seeing? You should see the "ᴀA 🧩" button at the left-hand end of the address bar on iPhone, and the 1Password icon at the right-hand end of the address bar on iPad.

Similarly, you should see the "🔑 Passwords" button when you tap a password field on a form.

If you can let me know what you'd expect to see and where you'd expect to see it, I can look into this further with you. :)

— Grey

• pathfinder76
    pathfinder76
    Community Member
    Options

so if i open a website in safari, and i try to use 1password, it will NOT give me the option to open 1password, it will only allow keychain

• Dave_1P
    Options

@pathfinder76

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble filling a login into Safari. Can you double-check that you've turned on Password AutoFill to work with 1Password:

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
    2. Tap Passwords > Password Options.
    3. Turn on AutoFill Passwords.
    4. Select 1Password.
    5. De-select Keychain and any other password manager.

Then try to fill your login again using this guide: Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Let me know how that goes. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.