Delete 1Password from partition?

Options
davet65
davet65
Community Member
edited February 2013 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have set up a Mac OS 10.6.x partition on my hard drive to prepare for upgrading the main OS to 10.8 but thereby allowing me to run Rosetta apps if I ever need to. I copied the Applications Folder in the process, intending to delete the obviously current ones rather than not copy all and add the PowerPC ones. I went to remove 1 Password [using the uninstall tool] from the 10.6 partition and got the warning that 1Password and related files would be deleted "from my computer", or words to that effect. I, of course, want to keep 1Password intact on my primary OS.

I am 95% certain that it will only be deleted from the Applications/OS that I am booted under, and will leave my primary, but not booted from, intact. Am I correct?

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That should absolutely be correct. If not, just reinstall 1Password when you are booted into 10.8. You data is stored separately so it will not be affected (but we do recommend making a backup before any major change).

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

• davet65
    davet65
    Community Member
    Options

Khad,

Thanks, that is what I expected. And I do backup!

Your comment raised a question with me, however. If my "..data is stored separately...", shouldn't I delete that data from the 10.6.x partition just to have my sensitive info completely gone and not duplicated? What should I delete in addition to uninstalling 1Password?

Thanks.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The default location of your active data file in 1Password 3.8 is in this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/1Password/

This is covered in the User Guide:

Completely Uninstalling 1Password

Please be sure to read it very carefully. There are important warnings listed. :)

This discussion has been closed.