Timestamp on events API

Options

Hello,

When im fetching events through the API to itemusage and signin-attempts, i get 2 different timestamps.

When fetching signin attempts, the timestamp returned is UTC+00.00
When fetching itemusage, the timestamp returned is UTC+01:00

My timezone is UTC+01:00, and for logging purposes it would be great if both timestamps where identical - UTC:+01:00. (copenhagen, DK). I havent found any settings, that will let me change the timezone to the events. Is there a workaround?

1Password Version: 8.9.14
Extension Version: 2.6.0
OS Version: win10
Browser:_ chrome

Comments

• Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding!

Timestamps on signin attempts are always in UTC / zulu time because they're recorded by our server.

Timestamps on item usages, on the other hand, are usually* captured by client apps, and so the events will be in the time zone the client is configured to use. We don't translate these into UTC on our side because it would be discarding information that some Events API users may find helpful in understanding usage patterns.

The workaround for this would be to convert all event timestamps into your time zone on ingestion from the API, whether that's in a script or a SIEM integration.

I hope this helps.

• Certain item usage event types will still be recorded by the server and so will be UTC regardless of client settings
This discussion has been closed.