1Password for Safari is offline when using the Testflight beta version of the iOS app

Options
BaronKrause
BaronKrause
Community Member
edited May 2023 in iOS

I’ve tested on a handful of devices and all of them now have a red cloud icon with a strike through on the extension in Safari. They don’t appear to receive any updates from the installed application either, only showing the entries that they had access too presumably before the update. It started right around the 16.5 iOS update.

1Password Version: 18.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 16.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2023
    Options

@BaronKrause

That would seem to indicate you are in an offline condition. Are you using any VPN's or Proxies? To help us troubleshoot I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device:

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: BaronKrause
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/140271/1password-safari-extension-showing-red-cloud-connection-error-since-ios-16-5#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

No VPN or Proxies, and it’s only the extension. Normal 1Password app is working fine. It seems to be an issue with communication to the app from the extension, not to the server.

The error under the red cloud says “Authentication was interrupted or timed out. Please try again.”

• Dave_1P
    Options

@BaronKrause

Thank you for the reply. Please follow the instructions that Tommy posted to send in a diagnostics report, our support team will be able to take a look and advise further.

Once you've sent in the diagnostics report please post the Support ID that you receive in the auto-reply and I'll be able to track down the report and make sure that it gets to the right team. 🙂

-Dave

• FriedEngineer
    FriedEngineer
    Community Member
    Options

I’m seeing this as well, and it’s infuriating. The way I found this is that it does not let me create logins based on generated passwords. Filling existing items seems to work just fine as does the regular app. I’m seeing this same issue on both my iPad (iPad Pro 11” 3rd gen running iPadOS 16.5) and my iPhone (iPhone 12 running iOS 16.5) both running 1Password for iOS 8.10.7 81007016, on BETA channel. It was happening on both devices running 16.4.1 (a) as well.

Here’s some screenshots from my iPad to hopefully better illustrate.

So when I am in a password field, and I tap on the recommended password box that comes up

I get the following on the top right of the page itself

Tapping cancel does absolutely nothing (the box stays on the page until I forcibly refresh it). Tapping the lock button does lock 1Password but it doesn’t fix whatever is going on. When I click the 1Password extension icon, the top bar has a slashed cloud icon I haven’t seen before

When I tap it, it locks and prompts to unlock with Face ID with the same message that BaronKrause mentioned, “Authentication was interrupted or timed out. Please try again.”

• 1bvr
    1bvr
    Community Member
    Options

Came here to confirm whether this is a known issue. I’m also seeing this.

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P @ag_tommy

I’m also seeing this exact issue. Working fine until very recently.

1Password 8 iOS app works fine but safari extension showing me constant warning modal. Tapping lock doesn’t do anything and tapping cancel just dismisses the modal. Cannot fix this.

I submitted my diagnostics per directions above and my confirmation # is

[#TYD-46281-168]

• cmin7b5
    cmin7b5
    Community Member
    Options

I had this happen on my iPad with 1Password 8. I decided to uninstall and reinstall the app. Now I can no longer login to the 1Password 8 app on my iPad. I can still login to 1Password via Safari on my iPad. This all happened after the latest 16.5 update.

• nimvio
    nimvio
    Community Member
    Options

Just experienced that same “Offline” issue. I’m using the latest TestFlight beta, latest iOS, latest everything. For a second, I thought this might’ve been related to the update about multiple login prompts behavior, and since it’s on a non-Mac device, we don’t have the option to change the extension settings (in browser) like can be done on Mac.

• tmchow
    tmchow
    Community Member
    Options

@nimvio was contacted by support today it’s an issue with 1P TestFlight. Recommended I go back to production version while they fix it

• cmin7b5
    cmin7b5
    Community Member
    Options

UPDATE: After talking with 1Password support they suggested connecting to a different Wi-Fi network and try logging in. I have an additional “Guest” network that my Wi-Fi router provides so I tried using it and that allowed me to login using the iPad 1Password 8 app. Hope this helps someone else out. I think it may have been a proxy issue, since I do use a VPN and Tailscale periodically.

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

I am putting in my password correctly and the extension will not log in. It was previously logged in.

The app logs in successfully and auto fill from the keyboard works but not the Safari extension.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 16.5
    Browser:_ Safari

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @DudeThatsErin! 👋

I'm sorry that you're unable to unlock the Safari extension. Are you able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in Safari on your iPhone, not the app)?

If you can then can you try the following steps:

1. Fully close Safari on iOS.
    2. Fully close 1Password on iOS.
    3. Open and unlock the main 1Password app from your home screen.
    4. Open Safari and go to any webpage.
    5. Tap on the AA icon in the address bar.
    6. Tap on 1Password in the menu.
    7. Follow the prompt to unlock 1Password for Safari with your account password.

Does this resolve the issue? If it doesn't then can you tell me the specific error message that you see?

-Dave

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P That did not solve my issue. I force closed 1P and Safari. Then reopened 1P and got to the home page. Then opened Safari. Pressed on the puzzle key (on my iPad) pressed on 1Password (for the extension) and FaceID isn't working (though it works for the main app and the keyboard autofiller) and when I type my password it just says "That didn't work. Check your password and try again".

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DudeThatsErin

I'm sorry that the steps didn't work. To investigate further, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• DudeThatsErin
    DudeThatsErin
    Community Member
    Options

AIM-99782-538 @Dave_1P

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

After having to clear website data and browsing history on iOS, I'm seeing the same issue. I've completely uninstalled and re-installed 1Password and restarted the phone after uninstall.

iOS: 16.5
    1Password iOS: 8.10.7

• Dave_1P
    Options

@DudeThatsErin

Thank you for posting the Support ID. If you have any other questions then please reply to my colleague's email in the support ticket. 🙂

-Dave

ref: AIM-99782-538

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@HinghamHarborMan

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the same issue. This appears to be a bug that is being investigated by our developers, so that we can confirm that you're affected by the same issue I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

With your email please include:

The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22067

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

[#UAM-52677-455]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@HinghamHarborMan

Thank you for posting the Support ID! One of my colleagues will take a look at the diagnostics report and send you a reply as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: UAM-52677-455

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you to everyone who sent in a diagnostics report. This is a known issue with the beta version of 1Password for iOS from Testflight and our developers are investigating. I've added everyone to the internal work item open for the issue so that our developers are aware that you're affected.

Until the issue is resolved with a new update to the beta version, you can switch to using the production version of 1Password for iOS: To stop using the beta

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22067

This discussion has been closed.