khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • olivierattree
    olivierattree
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have also this problem (Chrome helper shows red exclamation mark and keeps saying Connecting ...) on only one out of two Mac computers, although they seem to have the same exact configuration (!) :

• the configuration that works fine : Version 24.0.1312.57 of Chrome with 1Password 3.9.9.39999 Chrome Extension, on a Macbook running Snow Leopard 10.6.8., 1Password App Version 3.8.20 (build 31499)

• the "faulty" configuration is as follows : Version 24.0.1312.57 of Chrome with 1Password 3.9.9.39999 Chrome Extension, on an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8., 1Password App Version 3.8.20 (build 31499)

• not sure if this is important but these two computers are connected to the same google account ...

Thanks in advance for any help !...

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

olivierattree, on the Mac where you are having trouble, please try restarting 1Password's Helper by selecting Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Helper from the menu bar.

Is the 1Password extension working in Safari and Firefox on that machine? Knowing that will help us narrow down the issue, so even if you haven't been using the 1Password extension in those other browsers, please install it to test for troubleshooting purposes.

Another thing you can try, presuming the 1Password extension is working well in Safari and Firefox, is to simply remove the Chrome extension and then reinstall it.

Please let me know how it goes.

• olivierattree
    olivierattree
    Community Member
    Options

khad, thanks for your response ; so I followed your suggestions on the Mac with the trouble :

1/ restarting the 1Password's Helper did nothing (NB : after my message of yesterday, Chrome updated by itself to Version 25.0.1364.99, but the trouble remains ...)

2/ in Safari or Firefox, the 1Password extension does not work either (NB : although the 1Password App Version is 3.8.20, in Safari I get a warning saying "1Password 3.5.3 does not support Safari 5.1.7 ... Please open 1Password and use the 1Password > Check For Updates etc ..."" ???)(I also noticed that in Safari the red badge on the 1Password icon has a "1" instead of the "!" in Chrome or Firefox ...)

Hope this gives you some clues ?
    I look forward to your new instructions

Olivier

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013
    Options

Are you behind a proxy or firewall? If so, please be sure to review this support article:

How To: Configure your proxy server or Internet security software for 1Password

If not, and you are still having trouble, please email us a Diagnostics Report so we can better assist you.

Create a Diagnostics Report to help AgileBits help you

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but email it to us directly: support@ agilebits .com

Please also include a link to this thread so we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

Thanks!

• olivierattree
    olivierattree
    Community Member
    Options

I am behind a Freebox (internet box from my internet provider, "Free"), which I believe has an integrated firewall ...
    However I doubt this could be a problem because my Macbook, which has not this trouble, is behind this freebox as well

Therefore I emailed a Diagnostics Report to support@agilebits.com, as you suggested

Hoping you guys can troubleshoot it, thanks in advance,

Olivier

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2013
    Options

Yeah, I don't think the Freebox would be the issue. I should have specified a software firewall running locally on the machine.

It looks like Chris has already replied to your email. We'll continue to work with you via email until everything is resolved. :)

WWA-28593-418

This discussion has been closed.