1password7 will not accept password after upgrade to OSX Ventura. Please help!

Options
FlyingCarpet
FlyingCarpet
Community Member
edited May 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hey Folks, my wife inadvertently upgraded her M1 MacBook to Ventura, and now 1Password7 won't accept her login password. (Password still works on her iPhone.) App opens fine but upon password entry indicates "That didn't work. Check your password and try again." Please help!

1Password Version: 8.10.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 13.4
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password7 will not accept password after upgrade to OSX Ventura

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hello @FlyingCarpet! 👋

I'm sorry that your wife is unable to unlock the 1Password 7 app on her Mac. If she has a 1Password account then is your wife able to login to, and see all of her items in, her 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

If she can then can she trying installing 1Password 8 to see if she's able to unlock the new app: Upgrade to 1Password 8

Let me know if that doesn't work or if your wife isn't able to login to 1Password.com.

-Dave

• FlyingCarpet
    FlyingCarpet
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for responding, Dave. It''s now working fine. (After posting I discovered that my wife was misreading a digit of her login password, having not entered it manually for a long time until the OSX upgrade. (She'd been using fingerprint login.)

• GreyM1P
    Options

@FlyingCarpet – Glad to hear things are as they should be. We'll be here if you need anything. :)

This discussion has been closed.