Favorites list is not offered

Options
siplhium
siplhium
Community Member

I have a health care iOS app (MyChart) that requires a login each time it launches. When I press the password icon, 1Password comes up, but it does not offer my favorites. All it it gives me is "Search" and "Suggestions (none)". How can I get the favorites list to show up here? Is there a quicker, easier way to get my credentials entered into this app? This way feels less than convenient, with multiple steps.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 16.5
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:favorites

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @siplhium! 👋

Password AutoFill, the iOS technology that allows you to fill passwords from 1Password into another app, will match the apps that you use to your login items in 1Password by taking the associated domain associated with an app and comparing it against the website URL in your login items. If there is a match then Password AutoFill will offer to fill your login information.

It sounds like the developers of MyChart have not added an associated domain which means that Password AutoFill isn't able to suggest a specific item from 1Password. I would recommend reaching out to them to ask that they either add an associated domain or make it easier to stay logged in between sessions.

If you tap on the search field after tapping on the "Passwords" prompt above your keyboard then do you see the item that you're looking for in the "Other Items" section that appears?

-Dave

ref: PB-33605474

• siplhium
    siplhium
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P Aside form Search, the only item that appears is a section labeled "Suggested Items". And then it says "no suggestions". It seems to me that this is where "Favorites" ought to appear. Oddly, on my iPad, there is an option to log in with TouchID. But on my iphone 13, there is no option for logging in with FaceID. Obviously that would take care of the issue.

Edit: if I touch the search field, then yes, the item I'm looking for does show up in the list. But that's less convenient and slower than picking from a short Favorites list.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@siplhium

Thank you for the reply. For now, the best option would would be to first tap on the search field and then tap on the item from the "Other Items" list. That being said, I've forwarded your feedback and request to the Product team so that they can consider making Favorites more discoverable in the future. 🙂

-Dave

ref: PB-33605474

This discussion has been closed.