Can't sign in on iOS app (1Password 8)

Options
pizza3857
pizza3857
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

I am not able to sign on the iOS app of 1Password with my account. The informationen I entered is correct. I entered it manually and scanned the QR-code after getting an error the first time I tried. In both cases I get an error message (maybe there's a typo?). This has to be an issue with the iOS app, because I am able to sign in without any problems on the web.

Others seem to have the same problem:
https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/144liux/account_error_unable_to_sign_in/
https://1password.community/discussion/140563/cant-connect-iphone-to-new-account

iOS 16.5
1Password 8.10.7

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @pizza3857! 👋

I'm sorry that you're having trouble adding your account to 1Password for iOS. I recommend that you send an email to support+forum@1Password.com with a link to this thread so that they can help you get everything working again. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• angeloreale
    angeloreale
    Community Member
    Options

It happened to me too, in my case, I only have the Security Key 2FA method, had to temporarily add a OTP to Sign back in.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@angeloreale

I'm sorry that you also ran into an issue when authenticating your 1Password account on iOS. Our developers are investigating a problem that can occur with authentication when you're only using a security key for 2FA and I've added your report to the internal work item for the issue. I'm happy to hear that, as a workaround, you were able to sign in using a TOTP authenticator app.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#20680

This discussion has been closed.