Google Play says 1Password app is "not compatible" with my Samsung S7 SM-G930U

Options
justanoodle
justanoodle
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Android

Hello, I am trying to install the 1Password App on my Android Samsung S7 SM-G930U and receive the message "this app won't work for your device" and am not given the option to download/install. I found another support thread from a couple years ago where someone was having problems with their Samsung SM-G930F, which sounds similar to mine. I tried all the steps in that thread and unfortunately still have the compatibility block.

Here are the steps I tried:

Resolution Change
1. Open the Settings app on your device
2. Go into Display and change the resolution to WQHD
3. Go back to Apps > Google Play Store > Storage
4. Tap Clear Data
5. Restart your Samsung Galaxy S7
Result: still blocked. I tried this several times.

Remote Install Via Web App
1. Access browser version of Google Play and try remotely installing the app
Result: still blocked; browser version of the store also won't let me select my Samsung Device. If I don't select a device, it will let me view the app and an "install" button will be visible, but if I select my phone, it vanishes and shows me only "similar apps".

Other info:

• My phone is not rooted and I've never done any customization (I am not fancy enough for that)
  • Android version 8.0.0 says it's up-to-date.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow or later, but it's a bummer to have the program working well on my computer and not be able to have it on my phone... which means I need my computer with me to log into things on my phone! I really want to stay with 1pass but at some point it will be too impractical.

Hope someone can offer other solutions!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi there @justanoodle

1Password requires Android 9 (Pie) or later, so if your phone is running Android 8, it won't be able to run 1Password.

If you're on a device that can't run 1Password, you can sign in to 1Password.com in a browser and access your items there.

— Grey

• justanoodle
    justanoodle
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Grey, that makes sense - thanks for solving the mystery, and the suggested work-around.

• On behalf of Grey, you are very welcome. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

This discussion has been closed.