Google Play says 1Password app is "not compatible" with my Samsung S7 SM-G930U
Hello, I am trying to install the 1Password App on my Android Samsung S7 SM-G930U and receive the message "this app won't work for your device" and am not given the option to download/install. I found another support thread from a couple years ago where someone was having problems with their Samsung SM-G930F, which sounds similar to mine. I tried all the steps in that thread and unfortunately still have the compatibility block.
Here are the steps I tried:
1. Open the Settings app on your device
2. Go into Display and change the resolution to WQHD
3. Go back to Apps > Google Play Store > Storage
4. Tap Clear Data
5. Restart your Samsung Galaxy S7
Result: still blocked. I tried this several times.
Remote Install Via Web App
1. Access browser version of Google Play and try remotely installing the app
Result: still blocked; browser version of the store also won't let me select my Samsung Device. If I don't select a device, it will let me view the app and an "install" button will be visible, but if I select my phone, it vanishes and shows me only "similar apps".
- My phone is not rooted and I've never done any customization (I am not fancy enough for that)
- Android version 8.0.0 says it's up-to-date.
I guess I'll try again tomorrow or later, but it's a bummer to have the program working well on my computer and not be able to have it on my phone... which means I need my computer with me to log into things on my phone! I really want to stay with 1pass but at some point it will be too impractical.
Hope someone can offer other solutions!
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided