Typing characters into the password field is broken [See the Approved Answer]

Options
2»

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

@gzylbergmail

Thank you for reporting the issue and I'm sorry that it's affected your use of 1Password. Our developers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

-Dave

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the e-mail

Here you go.

• irismn
    irismn
    Community Member
    Options

I’m a new subscriber and I’m trying to input my existing accounts but when I try to enter certain characters such as !, it won’t let me. I’ve tried it on other devices with the same issue and rebooted. Please help. I switched from another provider and need this to work asap.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided

• irismn
    irismn
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Also every new entry is duplicating and I have to delete the duplicate. I am a new subscriber and this is very disheartening straight out the gate.

• ae6dx
    ae6dx
    Community Member
    Options

@irismn i wouldn't get discouraged yet. I've been with 1password since the LastPass problems started. They have been great. This is the first real issue I've had. And you can install the beta version from TestFlight to get a fix now. So far I've had no issues.

• irismn
    irismn
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I appreciate you sharing your experience. I will look into the beta version as you mention.

• BrainD
    BrainD
    Community Member
    Options

+1. Same issue editing password.

• Zuano
    Zuano
    Community Member
    Options

Got an answer from the support team:

Quote:
    "Hi Zuano,

Thanks so much for contacting us! I'm Alvin from 1Password Support and I'll be happy to help you out today. 🙂

The development team is aware of an issue that is affecting some users' ability to manually type into a password field in 1Password for iOS. We hope to have a fix released soon. I'm sorry for any interruption to your workflow that this causes in the meantime. As a workaround, I'd recommend using another device to edit any Logins that require you to manually save a password. If you urgently need to do this on your iOS device, I'd recommend using the 1Password website, which is not affected by this issue.

I'd also recommend keeping 1Password up to date to ensure that you receive all fixes and improvements as soon as they are released:

How to keep 1Password up to date

Thank you for taking the time to report this bug. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Alvin L.
    Customer Support @ 1Password 🇨🇦"

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hello everyone,

Our developers are working on a fix for an issue where editing certain fields using 1Password for iOS can become unreliable and we hope to release that fix as soon as possible in a future update to 1Password.

Please continue to keep 1Password up to date so that you get the fix as soon as it is released: How to keep 1Password up to date

I've added everyone's reports to the internal work item open for the issue so that our developers are aware that you're affected. For the time being, please use another device to edit your passwords or use 1Password for Safari to automatically generate and save passwords for websites: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

Thank you for reporting the issue and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that it's causing.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22204
    ref: dev/core/core#22207

• irismn
    irismn
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much!! I appreciate your quick response. I was able to find a workaround and met my deadline. I’ll look forward to your upcoming releases.

• ae6dx
    ae6dx
    Community Member
    Options

@irismn just curious what was your workaround?

• irismn
    irismn
    Community Member
    Options

It was a tedious process but I typed the pw into another document, then cut and pasted it into the pw field. Thank you.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you for sharing your workaround. 🙂

-Dave

• jellybean
    jellybean
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to put in my password, if there is a capital letter, it will type it and then immediately delete it. I'm not able to put in my password as it is. It's very frustrating, please help. I'm using 1Password on my iPhone 13.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Browser:_ Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Why won't 1 Password let me put in my password when there are capital letters?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@jellybean

I'm sorry that you're running into problems when typing a password. This is a known issue that our developers are working on and hope to fix soon. In the meantime, you can use another device to edit your passwords or use 1Password for Safari to automatically generate and save passwords for websites: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

• JimNull
    JimNull
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having the same problem. It looks like it was reported 3 weeks ago. Quite a long time for an issue that disables editing a password in a password application. I’ve been using 1Password for a few years. If not fixed since I will be forced to abandon and move to IOS password management.

• Hello @JimNull,

I'm sorry to hear that you've also encountered this issue when typing in a password field in 1Password for iOS. I've included your report in the issue we have filed. You can follow the details in Dave's message above to ensure 1Password for iOS is update and you receive a fix as soon as it is available.

I'd also suggest keeping an eye on 1Password Releases for the latest updates.

• cardinal55
    cardinal55
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I have noticed an issue that is reproducible using the following steps.

1. Create new Login, enter the login name
    2. Enter username
    3. For the password, key in something that ends in an uppercase letter. The uppercase letter will briefly appear, then disappear. Saving the new entry and re-opening shows that the uppercase letter was not accepted, so it isn't merely a display issue. It will not accept an ending uppercase character.

However, if I go in and Edit the entry, the password portion of the dialog allows me to add the uppercase character and save it.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

1Password Version: 8.10.7
    _Extension Version:
    Not Provided
    _OS Version: 16.5.1
    _Browser: n/a

• Dave_1P
    Options

@cardinal55

I'm sorry that you're also running into problems when typing a password. This is a known issue that our developers are working on and hope to fix soon. In the meantime, you can use another device to edit your passwords or use 1Password for Safari to automatically generate and save passwords for websites: Get to know 1Password for Safari on your iPhone or iPad

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#22207

• cardinal55
    cardinal55
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P thank you for the update, I'm happy to hear it is a known issue that is being worked on.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Thank you for reporting the issue.

-Dave

• Solos
    Solos
    Community Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

It’s been almost a month and the bug is not fixed. When can we expect new release with the fix?

• Dave_1P
    Options

@Solos

We're currently testing a fix in the beta version of 1Password for iOS: Use 1Password beta releases

Once the testing process is complete we hope to include the fix in an update to the production version of 1Password as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

-Dave

• ae6dx
    ae6dx
    Community Member
    Options

The app store just updated me to 8.10.8 and this issue seems to be fixed

• Dave_1P
    edited June 2023
    Options

1Password Approved Answer

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all of your reports and your patience. Our developers have now released a fix so that the reliability of entering characters into certain fields (like password fields) is now improved.

Please update to 1Password for iOS version 8.10.8 using the App Store: How to keep 1Password up to date

If, after updating, you're still running into the issue then please let us know and we can help troubleshoot.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.