Unable to setup 1Password for iOS using a security key

Options
Community Member
edited June 2023 in iOS

Trying to set up 1Password to you use YubiKey. Ended up deleting 1Password from iPad and adding it back. Now I am unable to login. It does not like my password. I have logged in on two other devices… iPhone and Mac… so I know password is good.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

Community Member
    Options

I can’t find a way to close or delete this post so please do not include any comments.

Community Member
    Options

I get this message from 1password on my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. There is a sign in option, but it does nothing. Just repeats the message in the title.
    Two things I’ve done recently: 1) installed security keys in the web login of 1Password and 2) reset my iPad and restored from a previous backup.

I am putting NA in the browser questions since this issue is independent of the browser.

1Password Version: 8.10.7
    Extension Version: NA
    OS Version: iOS 16.5.1
    Browser: NA

Community Member
    Options

I resolved this issue by also adding an authentication app. Once I did that and hit the sync icon, it prompted me for either my key or the authentication app code. Entered code and problem solved.

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @AvatarNC! 👋

I'm happy to hear that you were able to workaround the security key issue by adding an authentication app. The issue is known to our developers and we hope to release a fix in a future update to 1Password. You can find more details here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/690285/#Comment_690285

Since you've been able to workaround the issue, and since we have another thread already open to discuss the issue, I'm closing this thread. 🙂

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.