New theme - much improved

Options
MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

I'm liking the new theme - it feels more polished and professional.

losing Dark Mode 😎😭. Hope to be able to bring it back...

Can't wait to reduce the retina-sear in the evening posts catch-up.

Comments

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

Pretty much me when I opened this website today πŸ˜‚

• Blake
    edited June 2023
    Options

I love hearing that you're liking the new design @MrC!

Tell your retinas I said sorry @loggor πŸ˜…

Dark Mode is definitely something we've got on our radar, and we are going to continue to see what we can do to bring it back in the future.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    Options

The forum software seems updated and less rudimentary - definitely better than the old one. Missing the dark theme as well. If you're used to dark themes everywhere, this is very eye straining.

If anybody is reading this and wondering why on earth people want these strange looking dark windows where you're unable to find anything: Switch to dark theme for your OS, browser and office software/favorite other software for a week and resist to immediately switch back. Endure it. After one week, switch back. You will cry in pain, keep dark mode and ask yourself why you ever used these ugly blinding light themes.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Where’s the gear icon?

• Blake
    edited June 2023
    Options

Is there something specific you're looking for @MrC? It might've been rehoused in a new location. Feel free to drop me a DM if you'd rather.

Thanks for the feedback @AMonitorDarkly! Could you share what you think we might've gone overboard on? Happy to hear any suggestions! πŸ™‚

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Mark Read was in the gear at the top level of each category. I found it now buried in the sub-category.

This is the only forum software I'm aware of that places the Mark Read (gear) adjacent to forum category name, rather than within the forum category itself (which is the natural place to locate it, since one is already within the category). Now, its hidden in-between the top level and the topics themselves.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

@mrc. My original comment and your response to it is under "Windows", not General, Lounge".

To my comment as to how I have to navigate to get to the "Gear" I have made and annotated two screen shots.

The first is when I first enter the forum. You will notice I have annotated towards the top "Nothing Here".

Then I open the "Windows" topic. You will notice my comment "Note text below" and, mirabile dictu there is now a path which says Home/1Password/Windows.

From here I can navigate back to 1Password and the Gear function becomes available.

I would be interested to hear from 1P why they made the change and why they made it so irrational.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I like the new design, but I'm missing the Dark mode, too. Hope it comes back soon. 😎

Also, I love the possibility to like comments. Better than answering and only put in a πŸ‘.

Great job guys!

• Ben
    Options

Hey @Andrew42,

Thanks for the screenshots. It appears this may be a consequence of the changes we had to make to the category structure in order to build out the new homepage. There is a different homepage widget that we're evaluating, but it wasn't quite ready for this initial refresh.

I appreciate the feedback. We'll take it into consideration as we continue to iterate.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.