To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Upgraded from 1Password 7 to 8 (Mac) Now My Password Isn't Accepted/Emergency Kit Fails

Options
MrMojoOne
MrMojoOne
Community Member
edited June 2023 in Memberships

Since I haven't heard back from email tech support, here is my problem:

I created family accounts for myself (organizer) and my wife. I then upgraded to v. 8 (I've waited on upgrading her until I successfully upgraded). She is able to login to her account via the web interface. (We are still in the 14-day trial period.)

Two oddities during the upgrade: The system seemed to indicate that my wife's account could be used to recover my account but as I understand it, only a family organizer can do that. And unlike my wife's upgrade, there was not an automated process to download my Emergency Kit. I had to login to my account and manually download it.

Now 1Password will not accept my password: neither the new one nor my previous v.7 password. (They are slightly different.)

I tried entering my Emergency Kit data but that also failed.

Fortunately, prior to upgrading I exported my v.7 data in .1pif and .cvs formats plus have a backup of my v. 7 vault.

ref: RPY-89584-771

1Password Version: 8.10.7
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: Mac OS 11.7.8
Browser:_ NA

Comments

• Hi @MrMojoOne,

To avoid confusion, if you've already written in, please post ticket number and I'll be happy to have someone on our support team take a look right away.

This discussion has been closed.