Passkey not Available for Stripe

Options
alexclst
alexclst
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

Using the passkey beta extension in Arc I cannot add a passkey to my Stripe account that gets saved to 1Password. I am only given the browser-level dialog, and when cancelling that see this message:

The operation timed out or was cancelled.

I'd love to save passkeys for every account I can to 1Password, but it just isn't letting me do this on Stripe.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.8 (81008045)
Extension Version: 2.13.0
OS Version: macOS 13.4.1
Browser: Arc 0.109.1 (39787)

Comments

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @alexclst,

Thanks for reaching out.

At the moment, Stripe is not supported with 1Password Passkeys. However, you can vote to request support on the Passkeys directory website. -> https://passkeys.directory.

I hope that helps!

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

@EvonG1P I was under the impression that the directory was to suggest, in part, to site owners to implement passkeys entirely. I assume that 1Password itself should support all sites where passkeys are offered as a matter of necessity for its passkey support feature to be a trustworthy place to store passkeys. It seems odd to me that you'd be asking people to vote on what sites 1Password should support, when it really should support every site that offers passkeys. I know the feature is in beta, but by "stable" release I'd expect all sites that support passkeys to have passkey support in 1Password.

• EvonG1P
    Options

Hello @alexclst

I apologize for the misunderstanding, you're absolutely correct.

For Stripe, I did some testing on my end using Arc but haven't been able to recreate the same behaviour.

I recommend sending an email to support+forum@1Password.com so that our support team can help you directly for both websites. I'd like to get some details regarding the Coinbase website as well.

With your email please include:

After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I’ll be able to locate your message and make sure it’s gotten to the right place.

We look forward to assisting you further!

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    Options

Here you go @EvonG1P: [#CCT-72274-842]

• Thank you @alexclst, I see my colleague has been in touch. Let's continue the conversation over email.

ref: CCT-72274-842

• chaithzx
    chaithzx
    Community Member
    Options

Is this resolved?