Got New Computer, using Dropbox, Passwords aren't in sync

Options

Hi -

I got a new shiny iMac to replace my 2006 Mac Pro. I installed dropbox, re-downloaded 1Password from the store and hit the 'use dropbox' button.

My master password was accepeted except...something's off.

It's like it's an 'old copy' of my stuff. Like one of my upgrades over the few years I was on my old computer left some file somewhere and it found that.

My iPhone and iPad are OK, my old computer is OK, my windows computer is OK, but any new computer (tried a blank account on another computer) running the Mac version have this old password.

If I add anything new to the 'old' copy it only shows up on the other 'old' copy affected computers.

Any suggestions on what is up?

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @zareph,

It sounds like you have two different data files and 1Password on your Macs picked up the older data file.

To confirm this, please open the 1Password app on both Windows and Macs, go to its Preferences > _General_. Compare the locations to the 1Password.agilekeychain on both, do they match after the Dropbox folder?

Please let me know.

• Tom Boucher
    Tom Boucher
    Community Member
    Options

yeah it appears that is so. The Windows computer and the windows version are using one file, and the Mac computer is using another. i can't seem to get the mac to select a new file.

What's the best way to go about merging the two?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You can export all the data in 1Password for Windows to a 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file and then import it into your data file in 1Password for Mac. Then just use that data file. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.