Edge Extension not linking with desktop app for automatic sign-in starting with 8.10.8

Options

Starting with the latest update 8.10.8 couple days ago, the browser extension doesn't automatically unlock when I unlock the desktop app. This was working perfectly for over 6 months when I first started using 1PW. The error in the logs is:

INFO 2023-06-28T15:50:53.551 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(11)) [1P:native-messaging\op-native-core-integration\src\lib.rs:361] Extension connecting.
ERROR 2023-06-28T15:50:53.551 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(11)) [1P:native-messaging\op-native-core-integration\src\lib.rs:541] Failed to accept new connection.: PipeAuthError(WinApi(Access is denied.))

There have been no system permission changes, I am a local admin still, and have full access to make all system changes. The other error that also appeared is now the desktop app shows offline pink cloud (some changes could not be sync'd to other devices). This is also new with 8.10.8.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.12
OS Version: Win 11 latest
Browser: Edge 115.0.1901

Comments

• MattM310
    MattM310
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem, you are not alone

• Klathman
    Klathman
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for me since upgrading but it's also impacting Firefox for me as well.

I've installed using the MSI and also tried to set the policy NativeMessagingUserLevelHosts to true neither of which work this time.

• laszlotumpech
    laszlotumpech
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem for Chrome.
    INFO 2023-06-29T07:31:36.999 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(8)) [1P:native-messaging\op-native-core-integration\src\lib.rs:361] Extension connecting.
    ERROR 2023-06-29T07:31:36.999 tokio-runtime-worker(ThreadId(8)) [1P:native-messaging\op-native-core-integration\src\lib.rs:541] Failed to accept new connection.: PipeAuthError(WinApi(Access is denied.))

1Password Version: 8.10.8
    Extension Version: 2.12.0
    OS Version: Win 10 22H2 19045.3086
    Browser: Chrome Version 114.0.5735.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Klathman
    Klathman
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like a new version has been released to fix the issue. It seems to work for me.

Just as an aside I also have a blue screen on one machine which seems to also be related to 1password. The release notes make comments of a "memory leak" so I wonder if this caused the blue screen as the crash dump reason was associated with a buffer overrun detection.

• Hey @ushir, @Klathman, @laszlotumpech

I'm sorry for the disruption. Our teams became aware of a memory usage problem in a recent version of 1Password for Windows. This issue led to problems with instability with the 1Password application, and integration with our browser extension in particular.

This issue has now been resolved. To fix the issue, please check for updates and ensure you’re using the latest version of 1Password for Windows: How to keep 1Password up to date

If you are still experiencing issues after updating let us know and we’ll be happy to help troubleshoot.

• ushir
    ushir
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Steph, got the latest build and browser integration works again. The offline pink cloud error icon still exists. Not sure what device it thinks it can't sync offlines items to. I only have laptop and phone.

• MattM310
    MattM310
    Community Member
    Options

I wanted to update the thread to note that the -47 update seems to have corrected the problem

• Thanks for the update everyone, I'm glad things are back on track.

@ushir, I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still seeing the offline indicator? If so, can you let me know where you are seeing it and what happens when you click on it?

• ushir
    ushir
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Steph, I see a pink cloud icon at the top left with a line through it. When I click it, I get an error popup that says "Some changes could not be synced with other devices". Also have a View Offline Items button. My offline items seems to have stuff starting at March 2023, but my All Items view starts with July 2023, both set to sort by Date Modified, newest at the top. I am part of a family plan so there are many shared vaults and I see stuff in Offline coming from other family members and me. My only other device is my phone and I logged out and back in to see if that helps - it didn't.

• Thank you for getting back to me @ushir.

The tips in this post may help: What to do if you see a message about offline items — 1Password Community

Let us know if you have any questions!

• ushir
    ushir
    Community Member
    Options

Signing out and back in on my laptop worked. I had only done that on my phone before. Thanks!

• @ushir, I'm glad to hear it, let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all!

• laszlotumpech
    laszlotumpech
    Community Member
    Options

It is now working for me, thanks for the information.

• @laszlotumpech, thanks for the update. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.