1Password Alumni
    Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • galmeida
    galmeida
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, khad and heraldh.

forgive me for messing with your thread, but I was about to write a new post about the exactly same issue.

Facebook is a site that usually steals the focus.

This is a very annoying security breach, since sometimes I even hit enter sending my master pass as username (forcing me to set a new one)

If this is something beyond control, i suggest creating a config to disable unlocking from extension, forcing the user to use 1PasswordAgent/Helper icon to unlock.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've never seen any focus issues on Facebook. Can you give the exact steps to reproduce?

• galmeida
    galmeida
    Community Member
    Options
    • with extension still locked
    • open a new tab in safari and type fb's URL
    • before it loads click the extension item and begin typing your master password
    • if facebook loads before you finished typing your password (note I have a very long password) it will steal the focus and your password (or the remaining of it) will be types in username's field.

that's it

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I can't reproduce this at all. What specific versions of (1) 1Password, (2) OS X, (3) browser, and (4) extension?

• galmeida
    galmeida
    Community Member
    edited February 2013
    Options
    • OS X: 10.8.2
    • Safari: 6.0.2
    • 1Password: 3.9.6 (39600.038)
    • 1Password Extension: 3.9.9
  • galmeida
    galmeida
    Community Member
    Options

Just tried again and I could reproduce it, locked 1P, open facebook, while it loads, clicked extension and keep typing 'aaaaaaaaaa....' when page finished loading some "a's" went to 'Email or Phone' field... later today I'll try to record my screen and upload the video somewhere

• Hi @galmedia,

This is definitely an annoying issue, but it's not something we can completely control as it is the browser that is stealing the focus away from the extension. We've tried to fix this a few times but it doesn't work consistently but we'll keep looking for a solution.

For now, if you're on a slow network (facebook loads quickly for me), you might want to consider unlocking from the main 1Password app before opening your sites to reduce the chances of the focus issue.

A hidden config to prevent unlocking from JSE won't work, it'll cause more problems. However, the number of folks affected by this are less than a couple a month. For these folks, we recommend only opening the extension once the site is loaded or doing it from the main 1Password app.

• galmeida
    galmeida
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply, it was not what I was expecting to hear, but I really do understand what you said.

• I appreciate your understanding. Hopefully, we'll find a solution quickly!

• haroldh
    haroldh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks MikeT and Khad for replying and Galmeida for clarifying the situation. I am not a regular follower of this forum and I didn't get any update alerts, so I am a little late.
    The problem occurs every now and then, partly from my own companies internal site that you will not be able to reach, partly from external sites that I have forgotten about. I have 500+ passwords stored in 1P, so I am not making it a habit to memorize all the sites I visited :)
    For the same reason the work-around that Mike mentioned will not work for me, since it will degrade the whole purpose of having 1P in the first place!
    As I mentioned the problem appears to be related to the loading speed of the slow site.
    I completely understand your need to being able to reproduce the problem in order to solve it. So I will be extra alert the coming weeks and hopefully reproduce the problem myself, remembering the url.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you! Unlocking 1Password beforehand or waiting until the page is completely loaded should work for now, but please keep us posted.

This discussion has been closed.