1password4 extension greyed out in Firefox 114

Options

Hi folks,

I know I am using a legacy version of 1password but just wanted to let you know that the legacy Firefox extension 4.7.5.90 has finally broken with the release of Firefox version 114 on 9th June 2023.

I was scratching my head for ages trying to get the extension to work, tried all of them from 4.6.8 upwards, without success. But when I reverted back to Firefox 113 the 1password extension 4.7.5.90 started working again.

I know this is a legacy version so doubt whether AgileBits has the time or wish to look into this.
I would not blame them if they didn't.

Best regards,
Adrian

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Firefox
Referrer: forum-search:1password4 extension greyed out in Firefox 114

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @Adrian5015! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into trouble when using 1Password Classic in Firefox. The old 1Password Classic extension was last updated in 2019. It was built on older technologies and will not be compatible with future updates to web browsers: The 1Password classic extension will stop working in July 2023

If the old classic extension isn't working in the latest version of Firefox then it's indeed possible that a change introduced by a recent update to Firefox resulted in something breaking. The change in behaviour that you're seeing wouldn't have been caused by any 1Password updates to the extension itself since, as mentioned, there have been no new updates for many years.

Upgrading to our modern extension is the way forward since we continually update it to stay on top of updates to different browsers. If you're using an old license with 1Password then I recommend that you reach out to our support team so that they can take a look at your license and advise on the best path forward. You can reach the team by sending an email to support+tradein@1password.com.

-Dave

• Adrian5015
    Adrian5015
    Community Member
    Options

Good news folk, the 1Password classic extension started working again with Firefox release 115.
    I know it's touch and go with each release but it is working again today.

This discussion has been closed.