new user, please help. agile bits 'at a team event...'

Options

New user here and extremely frustrated. Have made numerous attempts to contact the company but apparently they are playing at a team event and have left nobody in charge.... thanks guys.

I have an imac, macbook pro and iphone.

I installed and setup 1password on my iMac(main computer)

I tried to use dropbox to sync. LONG story short it would not work and I made a huge user error and deleted data on second computer causing me to have to retreive all my passwords from all my sites... Okay, moving on..

1) Decided that dropbox is a huge week link in this setup. Am I wrong? If dropbox gets hacked wouldnt' your username and passwords to all accounts be at risk?

2) I have tried like heck to uninstall the program and start all over. Used their uninstall tool, have tried manually, etc.. to no avail. Now, I have a red '1' on my key icon in my safari browser telling me I have an error, however, it won't specify. How do I get rid of this and/or start over?

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forums, courtleve! Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble. We are indeed at an all team event right now as mentioned in the email autoresponder, but we are working hard while we are here. I hope my reply to you right now gives some indication of that. :)

(1) From the moment we designed the Agile Keychain data format we ensured that it was able to withstand an attack should your data fall into the wrong hands, either as a result of a Dropbox breach or if someone physically stole your computer. As such, we use AES encryption with PBKDF2 key strengthening to protect your sensitive 1Password data. Please be sure to read our "Security of storing 1Password data in the cloud" document for more specific details.

As long as you use a secure master password that you don't use elsewhere, your 1Password data is incredibly safe even when stored on a service like Dropbox. If you're not sure about the strength of your master password, please do take a look at our "Toward Better Master Passwords" blog post.

Lastly (on this first point) I can't think of a better way to demonstrate just how strongly 1Password protects your data than by pitting it against the pre-eminent password cracking tool John the Ripper. That is exactly what we have done not too long ago. Don't miss our "1Password is Ready for John the Ripper" blog post as well.

(2) If you click the badge within the extension and the "Troubleshooting Report" link there are actually a list of troubleshooting steps for you to follow. Please let me know how it goes after following the steps there.

The last step explains how to create a Diagnostics Report and email it to us so we can better assist you. You can attach it to a reply to the email you already received from us. (Please don't post a Diagnostics Report in the forums.)

If you are using the same email address here in the forums, I can look up your support ticket via your email address. If you're using a different address to email us, you can let me know what it is via a private message here on the forums so I can look up your ticket and expedite it for you.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.