1Password in Opera browser

Options
TadashiCZ
TadashiCZ
Community Member
edited March 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I use Chrome extension for Opera browser (Chromium based) on MacOS and there are many problems which became more severe in last few days making the extension unsable.

1. TouchID (connection with desktop app) doesn't work at all, every time I have to use the password
  2. Autofill doesn't work. The suggested item shows below the field but clicking it does nothing. Probably related to this one, I already sent a log from the console: https://1password.community/discussion/139071/passwords-not-entered-and-saved#latest
  3. Suggestions in the extension don't work. They are empty all the time, when opening the extension I am always shown Favorites altought I have set Suggestions as first to show. (They are not shown because they are empty.)

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.10.3 (81003012)
Extension Version: Version 2.8.1
OS Version: 13.2.1 (22D68)
Browser:_ Opera 97.0.4719.28 (arm64)

Comments

• Hey @TadashiCZ,

Opera is not one of our fully supported browsers so although you can install 1Password from the Chrome Webstore you won't be able to use the integration features such as Touch ID. That being said, points 2 and 3 should work. Can you try the steps below and let me know if it improves things:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right-click the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    3. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    4. Under Accounts & Vaults, click the ( ⋮ ) three dots to sign out of your account.
    5. Click "+ Sign in to a new account" to sign back in.
    6. Test to see if things work as expected.

Let me know how you get on!

• TadashiCZ
    TadashiCZ
    Community Member
    Options

After signing out and singing back in, points 2 and 3 still don' work. I used support e-mail with reference [#WPL-18313-663], there are some extra data into this issue.

• Thank you for getting back to me @TadashiCZ, let's continue troubleshooting over email.

• jgutenplan
    jgutenplan
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issues, was this resolved?

• Hi @jgutenplan ,

Can you confirm if your browser and the 1Password extension are fully up to date? Are you experiencing trouble filling on all websites, or a specific one? If there's a specific site, can you provide us with website's URL?

I look forward to hearing from you!

• jgutenplan
    jgutenplan
    Community Member
    Options

Opera One(version: 100.0.4815.30) (x86_64)
    Opera is up to date

1Password in the browser 2.12.0

21200004, on STABLE channel

Those are the versions. I believe I installed opera and 1password a few days ago. New to Opera, and mostly loving it other than 1password issue, and I posted a couple feature requests like being able to split tabs like you would split windows on a monitor, and the ability to set On Startup pages by workspace instead of only on the main workspace.

• Hey @jgutenplan,

I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I have just taken a look over the discussion so far and I notice a few issues have been discussed. Can you specify the exact issue you are having with 1Password and Opera One so I can make sure I provide accurate guidance?

Thank you!

• jgutenplan
    jgutenplan
    Community Member
    Options

Same 3 items from description of this ticket. 1Password installs and then I have to enter password every time i open opera even if the 1Password app is already unlocked on my mac. Once unlocked it will try to suggest but clicking does nothing. And if i click the extension button i get a generic list of passwords not suggestions for the site i am on. I have had to use the 1 password app to copy paste into opera which is enough to push me back to safari. I have to use 1 password for work and have no option to use a different password manager. Otherwise i love opera!

• Hey @jgutenplan,

Thank you for getting back to me with this detail.

As Opera isn't one of our fully supported browsers the integration with your 1Password app won't work. The steps below may help to get things working better for you:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings
    2. Disable Integrate with 1Password app
    3. Under Security you can manage your auto lock settings to require your password in this browser less frequently.

Once you have done this can you let me know if you are still running into filling issues?

Can you also let me know if things work as expected in Safari?

• jgutenplan
    jgutenplan
    Community Member
    Options

The 1 password app is working better with your suggestions. It works perfectly in most browsers edge, chrome, safari, firefox it is kind of disappointing that Opera which has such great features blocks the connection to the 1 password app that allows it to integrate with the unlock features on the mac such as unlock with fingerprint and watch. Unfortunately entering passwords is a huge part of using the internet these days and 1password has become a popular solution for business where the users have no choice to change. Thank you all for your quick response, I hope a feature request for proper 1 password integration can make it into the queue to provide a better user experience for an app that is used by over 100k corp clients .

• Hey @jgutenplan,

Thank you for getting back to me, I understand where you are coming from.

We are working hard to extend our web browser support and you can see the latest updates here: Extending support for trusted web browsers — 1Password Community.

Let us know if you have any questions!

• jgutenplan
    jgutenplan
    Community Member
    Options

Nightly build with feature to add browser is excellent! Thank you

• You are most welcome, @jgutenplan. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

This discussion has been closed.