iPad safari extension

Options
1proller
1proller
Community Member
edited July 2023 in iOS

Hej
safari extension in my iPad asks for password all the time instead Touch ID but my iPhone I can identify with Face ID. my password is long and hard to write, is there anything I can do so I open safari extensions with Touch ID just like 1p app. thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• 1proller
    1proller
    Community Member
    Options

Hi
    1Password Team, are you there? this password requests is driving me crazy, can help me fix the safari extension? read previous post
    Thanks

• dignin33
    dignin33
    Community Member
    Options

+1 here, also seeing this issue on my iPhone.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2023
    Options

@1proller

I'd like to get you over to my colleagues in email support to look into this in more detail. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Also @1proller my apologies for the delay. I'm working through a back log of posts.

• @dignin33

You mentioned iPhone. Can you confirm this was 1Password for Safari and not password autofill? Also what version of 1Password are you using? Along with iOS version? I'd also like to ask you to talk with my colleagues via email support. email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• dignin33
    dignin33
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Yes, this was 1Password for Safari and not the "key button" to pull info from the 1Password app.

That said, a restart of both devices seems to have alleviated the issue. It is a puzzling one though and has happened on both devices here and there. I will try that email the next time it happens and I'll also try to remember to grab a video of the issue. Thanks for following up!

• @dignin33

That's great news. Are you on our beta or the Sonoma beta by chance?

• 1proller
    1proller
    Community Member
    Options

Understandable. thanks for the feedback. another question while we are here, can I export my data from the website or app? I can't find an export button. I’m using iPad
    🙏🏾

• @1proller

The only export options are from within the Desktop applications.

How to export data from 1Password

⚠️ * Exported data files are not encrypted. They are stored in plain text. Anyone with access to your exported data files will be able to read your passwords. Do not email exported data files or store them online. Delete them when you are done with them.

• 1proller
    1proller
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy
    Thanks for the info, I'm wondering what could be the reason that you can only export from PC or Mac? not everyone has a PC or Mac, why limit the ability to export your data from the website! I think it's a disadvantage and not good

• johnro5243
    johnro5243
    Community Member
    Options

Interesting ... and confusing. I have two versions of 1PW on my laptop. One or the other seems to work. I have given up on iPad and iPhone. Is there any place that describes the logic of the system other than occasionally mentioning one form of the app works for something (transferring PWs in from another system) and another doesn't?

• @1proller

I'm hoping we'll see improvement in this area in the future. It's just not possible at this time. I'm sorry about that.

• @johnro5243

It would depends on many specifics. It might be combination of OS requirements or something like that. Without more details it would be hard to say. What versions do you have installed and what OS are you using?

• dignin33
    dignin33
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

my iphone is on ios17 public beta and 1Password for iOS 8.10.9 I have no clue what the Safari extension version is.
    my ipad is on the latest ipad os 16.5.1(c) and 1Password for iOS 8.10.9

my macbook is old and not on a current (or beta) OSX - but I'm not having any issues with that device.

• The Safari version is bundled with the application so no need to search for it. :) Since you are on the public beta I'd recommend keeping an eye open for our beta invites. At present it is full. Check often and grab a spot when you can. They go extremely quick; don't delay. Speaking of delays. I just lost a beta invite for another product and it was only open for 3 minutes. Be quick with the fingertips. I was not. :(

Join the 1Password 8 - Password Manager beta - TestFlight - Apple

This discussion has been closed.