1Password 6.8.9 sign in fails with POSIX error 536870212

Options
argasek
argasek
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi,

I noticed some time ago that my 1Password vault stopped syncing on my laptop (using 6.8.9 w/ macOS Sierra 10.12.6 - cannot upgrade for compatibility reasons). It crossed my mind that maybe logout/login cycle could fix things and this is where my issue has started - I'm unable to sign in using the desktop app.

Clicking "Add" button on "1Password.com Accounts" dialog and entering the proper master password on "Enter your master password" modal window makes the password input field shake like I entered a wrong password (I did not, it works perfectly on my other machines / devices and even on this laptop on my.1password.com website).

I also tried the "Scan your account details" and "Enter your account details manually" with no luck, a warning window pops up and I get the following error message:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (POSIX error -536870212 - Unknown error: -536870212)."

Tried also complete reinstall of 1Password with help of AppCleaner, no luck here.

I think the account-not-syncing issue is related and it started to happen at least 2 months ago.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @argasek! 👋

1Password 6 for Mac hasn't been updated since 2018 and is no longer supported. macOS Sierra 10.12.6 also hasn't been updated for quite some time (three years) and is missing several critical security updates. I strongly encourage you to update to the latest versions of both macOS and 1Password as soon as possible:

"The operation couldn’t be completed. (POSIX error -536870212 - Unknown error: -536870212)."

It's been some time since I've used 1Password 6 but I seem to recall that this error could be caused by a firewall or other security appliance (such as LuLu or Little Snitch) blocking 1Password 6's access to the network. Could you check if that might be the case?

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.