Options
2»

Comments

• iay
    iay
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me.

As well as development sites, authentication providers like auth0.com are making this more and more of an issue.

I am using version 8 on Mac, iOS and iPad. It does seem like 1Password's previous versions used to have something along these lines, see for example https://1password.community/discussion/35185/problems-with-subdomains

• spacecaps
    spacecaps
    Community Member
    Options

Adding another +1 for this feature. My work has two Okta SSO systems for corporate systems where employees are the users vs. operational things where our customers are the users. Every time I try to log in on the ops okta, I have to choose the one whose URL is an exact match!

Even if you show all matching URLs, couldn't you order them such that the "best" match is the top choice?

• dkav
    dkav
    Community Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Another vote for this feature.

My example is bibliocommons.com. Many public libraries have sub-domains off this address, each with separate logins. E.g. https://kcls.bibliocommons.com, https://sno-isle.bibliocommons.com/, etc.

• illutron
    illutron
    Community Member
    Options

+1

• khinze
    khinze
    Community Member
    Options

Hi 1Password team – any movement on this?

We're looking at a team-wide move to 1Password but like many others in this thread, we have hundreds of logins that share the same top level domain.

Being able to enforce strict subdomain matching would be a big win for our team members who have been accustomed to this feature in other password managers.

• ctry
    ctry
    Community Member
    Options

Adding a big +1 to this, in the process of moving over from Bitwarden and surprised this isn't already here, it seems to be the main thing BW still has on 1P

• Hey @ctry,

There are now some advanced domain matching options in the latest Beta to give you the option per item to 'Only fill on this exact domain' or 'Fill anywhere on this website'.

If you are interested in giving it a go, here are instructions on how to switch to the Beta: https://support.1password.com/betas/.

Once you have done this you can find the new options by editing an item in your 1Password app and clicking on the sort icon within the website field.

I hope this helps!

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    Options

@steph.giles - this is good news, and I've been in the BETA channel for years, but there's no "active" beta apparently right now, so I can't see this. On macOS 12.15.7, 1P 1Password for Mac 8.9.12 (80912010). Checking for available updates shows no new versions, BETA or otherwise.

However, I would say that I would much prefer that items get sorted by "closeness" to the current website URL, rather than having to edit each URL to specify "only fill on exactly this domain". That's going to be a lot of work for the 1000s (yes, that many) of entries I have.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    Options

Followup - I'm now on the latest (macos) desktop beta (1Password for Mac 8.10.0 (81000020)) and (firefox) browser extension beta (2.6.1), and I'm still very confused about the behavior I'm suppose to be able to influence. However, I'm posting my confusion on a different forum thread on this topic, with a whole lot of info, and I would encourage someone (@ag_Gabriele) close this topic and redirect everyone to the aforementioned new thread.

• @esquared,

Thank you for the follow up and I'm sorry for the delayed response, thanks for sharing the link to the other thread!

• zcutlip
    zcutlip
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I'm on the latest 1Password on macOS. I'm not sure when this feature landed, but it's working great for me.

Thank you!

Zach

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member
    Options

@zcutlip - I'm not sure any behavior in 1P has been changed in this regard since January when @steph.giles announced the new behavior. It does do what it's supposed to, but it's not really a workable solution for many of the reasons I outlined above, and have posted more details in another thread.

I would love it if someone from ABits would chime in and give us an update, and even subtle hints as to what might be coming.

• zcutlip
    zcutlip
    Community Member
    Options

@esquared I guess I didn't notice in January.

But since I started the thread, I just wanted the 1Password folks to know it's working great for me, and to pass on my appreciation for the feature.

This discussion has been closed.