Suggestions: Folders and Examples

Options

Hi. Two suggestions for your considerations:

1. I organize all my entries (e.g., Logins, Software, Wallet entries) into folders. I find it easier to locate items from a good folder structure. When I add new entries in 1Password, however, I don't always remember to add them right away to a folder. It would be great to be able to search for entries that have not been filed in a user-defined folder.

2. With all the different entry types (e.g., Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Passport, Reward Program, Database, Internet Provider, Server, etc), it's sometimes hard to know which template to use for a specific type of entry. For example, what's the best template to use for an iTunes account? What is the best template to use for a Nickelodeon Kid's Club? It would be great if you had a category on this forum where users could post their suggestions / usage habits on which is the best template to use for a specific purpose.

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options
    1. Create a Smart Folder with search criteria: "Folder is [blank]".

2. For example, what's the best template to use for an iTunes account?

A Login item is what you want to create for any credentials you will ever want to fill on a website. Your Apple ID fits this description. Here's the URL I use for my Apple ID Login item: https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/wa/directToSignIn?localang=en_US

What is the best template to use for a Nickelodeon Kid's Club?

I would also use a Login item if there is a login page for it somewhere online. Heck, even if not you can create a Login item with no URL. :)

It would be great if you had a category on this forum where users could post their suggestions / usage habits on which is the best template to use for a specific purpose.

I think we are posting in it right now. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.