Bought wife a new macbookair with password 7 on the old…cant log into new one

Options
honeymonkey
honeymonkey
Community Member
edited August 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

So the new macbook air has password 7 like the old one did. I clicked on the icon after install and was greeted with log into 1password. I don’t recall having to do this last time I changed computers. I purchased the app years ago. Let me also inform you I am using a different appleid when I set up the new computer. I still have the creds from the old apple ID, but I did not migrate from the old one from icloud, I installed a fresh copy without any of the old apps as it had a lot of stuff she installed I thought it would be best to leave it on the cloud.

Is there a painless way to log into 1password? I am running 1password on my ipad pro and syncing to dropbox,so I have a copy of the shared vault that the old macbook was updating to. I thought there was a way to get an emergency kit from the ipad and export it, but when I followed the instructions, I got confused what I was to do.
HM

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: Newest
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello @honeymonkey! 👋

I'm sorry that you and your wife are running into trouble with 1Password 7 on an new Macbook Air. With the launch of 1Password 8, 1Password 7 is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. I strongly encourage you and your wife to upgrade to 1Password 8 moving forward.

I recommend that you email our dedicated support team at support+forum@1password.com so that they can help you and your wife setup 1Password on the new Macbook after reviewing your license or account information. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly support assistant, with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Please post the Support ID here and I'll make sure that your email gets to the appropriate team. 😊

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.