Can we go back to 1Password 7?

Options
Johhhn
Johhhn
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hi! I'm an OG user of 1Password and am very frustrated by the new version 8. Been trying to love it since you all came out with it and want to move back to 7. Can I do that by simply installing it? Will my existing data be ok? I use 8 on one Mac and 7 on another and things are just way more seamless, etc., on 7.

8 has been quite the frustrating ride-- so if there are technical reasons why I shouldn't use 7, please let me know, otherwise, can I go back without harming data? thanks!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Johhhn! 👋

With the launch of 1Password 8 for Mac, 1Password 7 for Mac is no longer supported and will only receive important security updates. We strongly encourage you to use 1Password 8 going forward. For the moment, you can still use 1Password 7 with your 1Password account but I can't say what kind of issues you'll run into moving forward since we're no longer actively testing and developing the old app.

Can you tell me a little more about the issues that you've run into with 1Password 8 beyond what I see that you've posted in previous threads? If there are other frustrations then I would love to pass along that feedback to the team as well.

-Dave

This discussion has been closed.