onepassword://search/ does not work with 1Password 8

Options
soBF
soBF
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Business and Teams

After our company upgraded to 1Password 8, all our onepassword://search/XXX links stopped working.

We generated those links by appending the unique ID behind onepassword://search/, which (used to) open the browser, and opening that specific item in the 1Password program.

Currently, the url schema does open 1Password, but the item is not searched for anymore.

We heavily dependent on this feature, and would love to hear a solution on how to automatically open a specific item (by some random hash/id).

I did found this community post about the URL scheme:
https://1password.community/discussion/133387/1password-8-url-scheme

Unfortunately, we need to dynamically generate the URL's from a hash/id stored in a database as we've done for a long time.

1Password Version: 8.10.13
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.5.1
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hllo @soBF,

I'm Scott on the 1Password support team. It's nice to meet you.

Thanks for asking about using 1password://search URLs with 1Password 8. This isn't currently possible, but I'm glad to share your use case with the team. I don't currently have anything indicating if or when this feature may be available in 1Password 8, but rest assured that your request is on our radar. Let me know if you have any other information you'd like me to share with the team.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• soBF
    soBF
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Scott,

Thank's for your reply. Happy to hear that this feature is on the radar ;)

I don't have any other information I'd like to share, besides the fact that we really wish to see this feature working again!

I will monitor this page should there be any updates!

Thanks in advance!

Gr

• Hi @soBF,

You may also wish to monitor the 1Password Releases page, where we post update notes for all production and beta releases of 1Password. Unless this improvement were to be released soon, it's far more likely that you'll see about it on the releases page.

Cheers,

This discussion has been closed.