Anankee
Anankee
Community Member
edited September 2023 in Android

Hello,

My setup:

• Samsung S23 / oneUI 5.1 / Android 13
  • 1pwd for android 8.10.16

I can't get autofill to work on my smartphone. The autofill parameter is activated with the other parameters as shown in the copy below.

1pwd is active in the autofill service.
With an app, when I select the user or pwd field, I only get "open 1pwd" displayed in swifkey (or samsung keyboard); When I try to fill in my logins in firefox, I get nothing at all in reference to 1pwd !
With Twitter app

With firefox and twitter site

I tried to do an autofill deact/act, autofill service react; change "Above supported keyboard "to "Below the fields they relate to" but still no autofill.
I also split the screen to drag and drop in the app and firefox: dragging is ok but dropping is not: nothing is written in the target field.

This is a "new" installation (not migrated from 1pwd7) and the data comes from a migration from lastpass. In the data, I just have the site url, no specific url for the apps.
With 1pwd8 desktop and firefox extension on windows, no problems.

I tested with the twitter and tripadvisor apps, and in firefox, access to twitter.

thanks for the help

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: oneUi 5.1 / android 13
Browser: Firefox 117.0.1

Comments

• Anankee
    Anankee
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I answer myself: the solution is in this thread https://1password.community/discussion/126310/linked-apps.

Coming from lastpass, the application filled in the applis fields from the start because lastpass had a ready-made database.

But with 1password, you have to link item/app when you FIRST connect,

and then the link appears in the item as this:

What's not fluid for a user experience. We expect 1pwd to fill in the app fields straight away, and not that we have to open 1pwd > find the file > associate the file.
    As @FrankBreech says, "this extra set of 5 steps (click "search for entry", find the entry, click on the entry, then click "OK to use this entry") is a kind of a pain in the rear." !

What's missing is a warning AND the possibility, in the 1pwd app and windowsapp, of being able to link apps one by one in an interface, without having to disconnect from each one to be able to do so.
    Because if you don't, the link can't be created.

And finally, it's not explained in the help page either... https://support.1password.com/android-autofill/ Too bad ;-) !

• Hello @Anankee, thanks for writing in!

What's not fluid for a user experience. We expect 1pwd to fill in the app fields straight away, and not that we have to open 1pwd > find the file > associate the file.

1Password matches logins to websites via the URL saved in the website field, and to Android apps via an app link. As a security precaution, 1Password won't fill your information in a given website or app without your direct action. While the name of the app, name of the website, the URL, and the app address may all be similar, 1Password for Android would be making an educated guess to match Android apps to similarly named websites or URLs. Due to this, if an item is not created in an app through Autofill, linking it is required.

That being said, it is still very possible there are areas where we could streamline this process, or otherwise optimize linking logins to apps. My apologies for the trouble here, and thanks for including this feedback. I've passed it along to the team

And finally, it's not explained in the help page either... https://support.1password.com/android-autofill/ Too bad ;-) !

This is touched upon in the "Fill a login", and the "Get help" sections of the guide you linked. However, I would certainly agree more clarity on the steps to do so could be beneficial. Thank you for sharing this feedback as well.

This discussion has been closed.