1Password 7 to IPhone 15 From 13

Options
HowardGS
HowardGS
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I transferred my data from IPhone 13 pro max to IPhone 15 Pro Max 1Password archived about 50% of my passwords and there is no way to transfer them back in bulk.
I presume this is a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @HowardGS! 👋

I'm sorry that you're not seeing your items in the right spot after upgrading to your new phone. 1Password won't archive your items without your explicit permissions so we'll need to dig deeper to find out what might have happened here.

As a start, can you tell me the following:

1. Were you using 1Password 8 on the old iPhone and now on the new iPhone as well? Or were you using an older version of 1Password on the old iPhone?
    2. Do the items appear archived when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, it’s 1Password 7, I have transported it to IPhone 6,7,13 and now 15.

I can’t get a secret key, in fact I have never created or stored one so part 2 of your request seems impossible?

• @HowardGS

Thanks for clarifying, I missed that you included "1Password 7" in your title and I'm sorry for that.

With the launch of 1Password 8 for iOS, 1Password 7 for iOS is no longer supported. That being said, the team and I will help as much as possible.

If you don't have a Secret Key then it sounds like you're using an old standalone vault and not a 1Password membership. This means that your items aren't backed up to 1Password.com. So that I can better understand the situation, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your new iPhone 15:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member
    Options

Yes you are correct. Small private use so never needed a membership though I did pay for my Mac and the extras fee.

I emailed the info but don’t have a code emailed back

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member
    Options

I used to have my passwords backed up on your server so is that something else that now doesn’t exist?

• @HowardGS

Thanks for the reply. I'm not seeing an email from you, can you double-check that you emailed support+forum@1password.com

If you did then did you use a different email address from the one that you use for your forum account?

I used to have my passwords backed up on your server so is that something else that now doesn’t exist?

Your passwords and other items are only backed up to 1Password.com if you have a 1Password membership with a subscription. Old standalone versions of 1Password, purchased via a license, would be synced using older methods like iCloud, Dropbox, or WLAN sync. But, once we receive your diagnostics report we can double-check everything. 🙂

-Dave

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Dave, I have decided to just migrate all my passwords manually to the integrated password store on my phone which will then propagate to my Apple devices.

As others have stated I think that agilebits has lost interest in supporting people who paid for v7 and the software is no longer aimed at the small users needs.

I can’t justify a monthly fee and from current reviews I probably would not wish to anyway.

Thanks anyway, it was great whilst it worked but Apple now has me covered for free anyway.

• Dave_1P
    edited September 2023
    Options

@HowardGS

I'm sorry to hear that you're considering leaving 1Password. It's worth mentioning that we're currently offering big discounts on 1Password memberships to our long time customers who have been using our licensed version of 1Password. It's one of the reasons why I suggested that you email the support team. If you're at all interested then send in an email to support+tradein@1password.com

With that being said, I'm happy that it sounds like you'll continue to use a password manager to protect your data, even if that password manager isn't 1Password. Thank you for sticking with us for so many years, we appreciate it.

-Dave

• HowardGS
    HowardGS
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Dave,

I paid three fees in total so I think I will just stick with IOS for free as it does a great job that suits my simple needs.

Thanks for your advice.

• @HowardGS

Understood. If you do have any other questions in the future then just reply to the last email that my colleague sent you and we'll always be there to help. Please stay safe out there.

-Dave

ref: WEY-33525-659

This discussion has been closed.