How To: Sync with Dropbox

Options
Ken Whitaker
Ken Whitaker
Community Member
edited March 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Don't want to sound stupid...but I don't get it. It is either not working or ...

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question, Ken! Dropbox syncing is really pretty simple. It's just a one time setup process and then you don't have to worry about it after that. Everything will just always be in sync. :)

1. Install Dropbox on your PC if you haven't yet.
    2. Click the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password for Windows' preferences on the General tab.
    3. There is no step 3.

Okay, there actually may be some more steps depending on what other computers or devices you want to sync with, but the above steps will get your data syncing with Dropbox. If you let me know what other computers/devices you want to sync with we can get those set up as well.

Please let me know. Thanks!

• Ken Whitaker
    Ken Whitaker
    Community Member
    Options

Slight delay...I have synced with dropbox, works from my desktop and laptop. How do I use with an USB zip drive to access my data without MY computer?

• Ken Whitaker
    Ken Whitaker
    Community Member
    Options

I just re-read my post...if you are not clear about my message...I completely understand.. I want to access from another computer using USB. Thats all.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2013
    Options

I'm not certain that I understand what the trouble is. It sounds like perhaps you are trying to use the 1PasswordAnywhere feature from a USB flash drive. If that is the case, just place a copy of 1Password.agilekeychain on a USB flash drive and open the 1Password.html inside it on another computer.

if you're having trouble, could you please describe in as much detail as possible the steps you are taking, and what you are [not] seeing happen? With some additional information from you we can then provide you with specific assistance.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.