No items to show

Options
csgaraglino
csgaraglino
Community Member
edited September 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

In reference to:
https://1password.community/discussion/134871/large-no-items-to-show-is-absolutely-unnecesary-and-blocking-view-of-data

The answers given are not acceptable. They either detract from the work flow costing time or they disable a valuable feature.

You guys have got to see and understand that showing "No items to show" has absolutely NO VALUE to the process! Come on, if it's blank, it's obvious there is nothing to show! But if it's on, it blocks and covers up buttons, fields, and options.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• ggenter
    ggenter
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

Duplicate, sorry.

• ggenter
    ggenter
    Community Member
    edited September 2023
    Options

I've encountered this today since I'm switching to 1Password from LastPass finally. We develop a lot of business applications and when I added a few Identity entries for myself and my family members all of the sudden in our business applications in filter grids it always shows me all of our identities that it wants to fill in.

When I figured this is happening because I have those Identities then I deleted them and created Secure Notes for each person instead. That removed those entries in autofill popups but I found the famous "No items to show" issue:

And this doesn't happen only in our business application (which can be distracing while working or hosting a presentation to clients). This shows on pretty much every registration form online.

Now, I don't want to turn off the "autofill on field focus" because it is usefull for login autofills and that is primary purpose of password manager.

What I would like to see is a more permanent option to turn off "No items to show" popup because if I click on a field and nothing shows that's pretty much enough to conclude that there are no items to show.

• Hey @csgaraglino, @ggenter,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

1Password will display 'No items to show' within a field that it could fill for you. I do however, understand where you are coming from and can see how it can seem intrusive in certain scenarios. I have filed a request with our product team to see if we can provide the option to turn off the 'No items to show' message.

As an alternative to disabling the inline menu altogether, you can quickly dismiss 1Password by hitting the ESC key on your keyboard or by clicking on the 1Password icon within the field.

I hope this helps in the meantime!

ref: PB36039621

This discussion has been closed.