To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost master password

Options
joedthomas
joedthomas
Community Member

I have my secret key but lost my master password. Can I reset without losing all my data?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• @joedthomas

No, because your password is 1/2 of the combination of your data. The Secret Key is the other 1/2. Don't give up hope just yet. Please try the suggestions in this help topic. Even if the below is not fruitful, I would recommend contacting us via email. It may be that we can set up a new account, and this old one will remain in a frozen state, and you can keep trying any passwords. That will allow you to move forward but also not completely stop you. If you recall the password, you'll move that data to the new account and sign out of the old one.

Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

🤔 🔒 If you forgot your 1Password account password or you can't unlock the app

• joedthomas
    joedthomas
    Community Member
    Options

Version 7.9.11 on macbook pro with Chrome

• Dave_1P
    edited October 2023
    Options

@joedthomas

Thanks for the reply. I see that my colleague replied to you via email on Monday, please continue the conversation there.

If you don't see my colleague's email then please check your Spam/Junk folder.

-Dave

ref: YLN-32186-586

This discussion has been closed.