Face id option in ios settings is missing

Options
deshi
deshi
Community Member

I want to enable face id to unlock 1pass. I follow these steps to set up face id: https://support.1password.com/face-id/ but when I open 1pass settings on my iPhone face id is missing as an option.

1Password Version: 8.10.20
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios:17.1.1
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @deshi! πŸ‘‹

I can certainly help you get Face ID working for 1Password on your iPhone. As a first step, you'll need to setup Face ID for the iPhone itself. Please follow the steps in Apple's support article:

Test to make sure that you can unlock the iPhone itself using Face ID. If you can't then please stop here and let me know.

Once Face ID is setup and working to unlock the iPhone itself you can follow these steps to turn it on for 1Password:

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Settings. (If you’re using an iPad, tap your account or collection at the top of the sidebar.)
    3. Tap Security.
    4. Turn on Face ID.
    5. Tap the icon for your account or collection at the top left and choose Lock.
    6. Enter your account password to unlock the app.

Now you'll be able to unlock 1Password using Face ID. If one of these steps don't work then let me know which one and I can help further. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• deshi
    deshi
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P I've re-installed my app and the face ID option is shown.

• Dave_1P
    edited November 2023
    Options

@deshi

I'm happy that a reinstall helped matters. Just to confirm: are you now able to unlock the 1Password app using Face ID without any issues?

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. πŸ™‚

-Dave

• deshi
    deshi
    Community Member
    Options

I confirm I can use face id with any issues.:)

• Thanks for confirming, I'm happy that everything is working again. 😊

-Dave