Plugin can't add passkey b/c it thinks there's no vault to add to

Options
rjacoby
rjacoby
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password in the Browser

I'm fully logged in to my vault on both the app and the plugin.

When I attempt to add a passkey to Okta via their website, I get the following error:

It is unable to find my work vault to add the passkey to. Using your instructions for saving console logs, I see: background.js:2 No vaults available to save passkey to, admin policy likely blocking passkey auth

However, our administrator has passkeys enabled for everyone here and cannot reproduce my problem.

If I add my personal vault to my work machine, I don't get that error and it offers me that vault.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: MacOS 14.0
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hey @rjacoby,

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having when saving a passkey. I think it would be useful if we could take a closer look at some logs and what may be going wrong.

I'd like to ask you to send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive an automated reply with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• rjacoby
    rjacoby
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @steph.giles , I sent that email this AM but haven't received an automated reply.

• rjacoby
    rjacoby
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, looks like the email its from has to match my forum membership email. Fixed.

• rjacoby
    rjacoby
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID: [#XCE-36432-731]

• @rjacoby

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I see that my colleague has already sent you a reply via email, please continue the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread.

-Dave

ref: XCE-36432-731

This discussion has been closed.