1Password in the browser offline

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password Offline Notice.

Comments

• tdensmore
    tdensmore
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I have several (4) different Google Chrome profiles and 1Password seems to be offline in all but one. Very frustrating.

• JohnCHelms
    JohnCHelms
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here as well. 1Password nightly build on Windows 11 Canary preview channel.

• JohnCHelms
    JohnCHelms
    Community Member
    Options

Also happening on macOS Sonoma build 23A5312d with nightly 1Password.

• Hello @tdensmore and @JohnCHelms! 👋

I'm sorry that you're seeing an offline message in 1Password. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Do you see the offline message in the desktop app or the browser extension? Or both?
    2. Do you see all of your items in a correct state when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. 🙂

-Dave

• tdensmore
    tdensmore
    Community Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

Thanks @Dave_1P
    This is was happening for me in the Chrome browser extension.

I'm not sure where to check my desktop app.

However after checking Chrome, I applied the latest update and 1Password appears happy (online) now.

The Chrome update was not visible - I had to go to Chrome -> About Google Chrome to see and apply it.

Thanks for the nudge.

• JohnCHelms
    JohnCHelms
    Community Member
    Options

Signing out and back into the app fixed it on my Windows PC. I'll let you know about my Mac tomorrow as it's my work computer. (suggestion/fix was sent via support email)

• Thank you for the updates @JohnCHelms, @tdensmore.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with at all.

• franklyg
    franklyg
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all / 1Password esp. - I'm encountering this issue on Windows 10, Google Chrome Extension, up to date version (2.16.0). My 1P extension reports "offline" (with red line-through-cloud icon) after I successfully log in. I'm obviously on the internet (submitting this post) so I don't follow how 1P considers me "offline". How can I fix this? Note: this happened to me a week or so back and had to store a few new passwords locally (bad news) until it finally resolved itself at some unknown point. I've locked 1P and re-logged in; not sure what else to try. Please advise!

• Hey @franklyg,

I'm sorry for the trouble, if it persists can you send over some logs so we can take a closer look at what is happening?

Can you send over a console log from your browser as well as a diagnostics report:

Please attach the reports to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread.

You should receive a reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thank you!

• Nerfman
    Nerfman
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, I'm having the same issue. Started two days ago and I've restarted and updated Chrome plus my Windows 11 machine. Can't get it to go to online mode. Help because I'm starting to have to write all this stuff down and that just doesn't make sense.

• @Nerfman

I'm sorry that you're also seeing an offline message in your browser. Can you please follow the steps in my colleague Steph's post to send in your diagnostics report and console log via email as attachments: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/698639/#Comment_698639

Once you've sent the logs, along with a link to this thread, to support+forum@1password.com you should receive a reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here and I'll make sure that the logs get to the right team.

-Dave

• Nerfman
    Nerfman
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave, I did that and will send over now. Thanks!

• @Nerfman

Thank you! I've located your email and logs and one of my colleagues will send you a reply via email as soon as they've finished reviewing them. 🙂

-Dave

ref: KPT-77191-513

• Nerfman
    Nerfman
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave, any updates?

• Hey @Nerfman,

I see my colleague has been in touch, let's continue our conversation over email.