Another New Login Question.....

Options
shipdriver
shipdriver
Community Member
edited November 2023 in Android

I tried reading the older threads but here I am starting another. When I am joining a new website. I keep hoping and waiting for a pop up from 1PW but no luck.

So....what is best practice to get the login info from a new site into 1PW? I have a Windows 11 and use the extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.17.0
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Chrome

Comments

• Hello @shipdriver! 👋

Thanks for the question! You can use 1Password in the browser (the extension) to save your login information after you've typed it into a website: Save and fill passwords in your browser

After you type in your username and password you should see 1Password offer to save it:

If you don't see 1Password's menu then make sure that the modern extension is installed: 1Password – Password Manager

If that still doesn't work, or if I misunderstood the question, then please let me know.

-Dave

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

I have the most recent chrome extension. Usually it does not pop up while I'm filling out a new sites login. I go in after and manually enter it, Maybe a pop up blocker? except after it's entered the login does show up. You have it right. Not offering to store the new site info.

• @shipdriver

Thank you for the reply. Do you see the 1Password icon in the username/password field when you click on the field? What happens when you click on the icon? Do you see a prompt from 1Password?

If you don't see the icon or prompt then can you try these steps:

1. Right-click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar.
    2. Click Autofill.
    3. Make sure that "Offer to fill and save passwords" and "Show autofill suggestions when a form field is in focus".

Then, go to a website and type in your login information. Do you see the 1Password filling menu now?

If you still don't then can you share a website where you're running into this issue so that I can take a look? Don't post your username or password, just the website address.

-Dave

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

I see nothing from 1PW. I toggle to the 1PW copy login go back to site paste. Repeat for password. I have a near new Tab A8 Galaxy Tablet.

• @shipdriver

Thank you for the reply. The Samsung Tab A8 Galaxy tablet appears to run Android but you mentioned that you were using Windows 11 in your initial post. Can you clarify if you're running into the issue on Android or Windows?

In general, Android doesn't support browser extensions so you won't find the 1Password extension there. However, you can still save and fill password in browsers and other apps using Autofill: Use 1Password to save logins and sign in to apps and websites on your Android device

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

Oh my Dave I see I confused things bringing a similar but different isse up. Sticking with the original thread thesis of Windows 11 issues.....When on registering on a new site. Usually I wait and hope to hear from 1PW but I do not. Let me check with Dell/Kaspersky about possible pop up blocker issue.

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

Separate but on the A8 Tablet rarely does 1PW offer its services (hence the comment about toggling). And because 1PW isn't cool with that Biometrics I have to type my whole long password. but then it will lock. i need to allow it to stay open a bit longer

• shipdriver
    shipdriver
    Community Member
    Options

I went through the instruction you provided regarding Android. On my S23 Ultra easy to find and was already on. That one works great because it allows biometrics. The Tablet autofill location a bit different.

Problem is 1PW is not in the list only Google password is an option? How do I add 1PW to that list so I can choose it?

Thx for all your help!