Can I use 1 Password 6.0 on Sonoma?

Options
WebWiz
WebWiz
Community Member
edited November 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I purchased 1 Password when I had High Sierra, and I am upgrading to Sonoma, can I still use 6.0 on the new computer or do I need to subscribe now? How do I transfer all the data to the new 1PW? Thanks.

1Password Version:_6.8.9
_Extension Version:
Firefox
OS Version:_10.13.6
_Browser:
Firefox

Comments

• Hello @WebWiz! 👋

Thank you for the question! 1Password 6 hasn't been updated in many years, hasn't been tested with macOS Sonoma, and is no longer supported. I recommend that you upgrade to 1Password 8 on all of your devices so that you're running the latest and greatest version.

1Password 8 does require a subscription and you can find a guide on how to upgrade and migrate your items here: Upgrade to 1Password 8

If you run into any issues then please send an email to support+forum@1Password.com and our dedicated migration team would be happy to help further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot, our friendly robot assistant with a Support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to locate your message and make sure it's gotten to the right place. 🙂

-Dave

• WebWiz
    WebWiz
    Community Member
    Options

I read that I Need to install 1PW 7 first and then 1PW 8. Then I need to subscribe to use for desktop and I do I need to subscribe to use for a mobile as well? I purchased a lifetime license, so it's no longer valued. Oh boy... :0(

• @WebWiz

Thank you for the reply. You don't need a separate subscription for each device, a 1Password membership allows you to install 1Password on all of your devices.

I recommend that you email support+forum@1Password.com and include details about your license, our support team can advise on the best path forward. Let me know once you've sent the email and I'll make sure that your message gets to the right team.

-Dave