Touch ID not working wit 1Password 8 on M2 MacBook Pro

Options
borissb
borissb
Community Member

I am unable to switch on TouchID unlock on my new MacBook Pro with a M2 processor.
I upgraded from an older model that didn't have Touch ID, and installed 1Password8 with the installer downloaded from the 1Password website.
When I go to the security settings in 1Password the checkbox to enable TouchID unlock is greyed out and cannot be checked.
I have already tried to shut down my Mac, restart it, unlock 1Password, disable and enable al the TouchID features on my System Preferences , go back to 1Password to enable TouchID, but the checkbox stays greyed out.

I have already tried removing and reinstalling 1Password, without success.

Thanks,
Boris

1Password Version: 8.10.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 13.2.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @borissb

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your device. That will give us chance to look under the hood so to speak and give us a better indication of what's happening.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Press command and comma. The 1Password preferences will open.
    3. Tap Advanced.
    4. Click Send Diagnostics.
    5. Click Reveal to locate the report in your downloads folder.

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: https://1password.community/discussion/138833/touch-id-not-working-wit-1password-8-on-m2-macbook-pro#latest
    • A link to this thread: borissb

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• borissb
    borissb
    Community Member
    Options

Report sent, here's the Support ID number:
    [#CMA-62172-347]

• @borissb

Thanks. It's here and someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: CMA-62172-347

• RE15473
    RE15473
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I have the same problem under the same situation and would appreciate an update. Thanks!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RE15473

I'm sorry that you're running into a similar issue. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• RE15473
    RE15473
    Community Member
    Options

[#BDL-84839-824]

Thanks.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@RE15473

Thank you for posting the Support ID. One of my colleagues will review the diagnostics report that you sent in and get back to you as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: BDL-84839-824

• rohity
    rohity
    Community Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi. I have the same problem under the same situation and would like to know if this issue has been resolved.

1Password Version: 8.10.8
    1Password in the browser 2.12.0
    OS Version: macOS 13.4.1 (22F82)
    Device: Apple M2 Pro, 16 inch 2023, 16 GB

Thanks

• Dave_1P
    Options

@rohity

I'm sorry that you're running into the same issue. Since the problem can be triggered by a variety of causes, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac so that our team can find the right solution for you:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

-Dave

• rohity
    rohity
    Community Member
    Options

[#IYS-84987-887]

• Dave_1P
    Options

@rohity

Thank you for posting the Support ID. I've moved the ticket over to the right team and one of my colleagues will reply to you via email as soon as possible.

-Dave

ref: IYS-84987-887

• okiii
    okiii
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I have the same problem.
    I have already sent email the diagnostic report to support, here's the Support ID number:

[#GZC-83317-746]

Thanks

• @okiii

Thank you for posting the Support ID, I see that you're already being helped by one of my colleagues. Please continue the conversation there.

-Dave

ref: GZC-83317-746