1Password asks to unlock twice when Cmd+\ is pressed

Options
CasualDeveloper
CasualDeveloper
Community Member
edited December 2023 in Mac

For some reason, 1Password is asking me to unlock twice when I press Cmd+\ even though the first unlock was already successful. See this screen recording: https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/098E8cx5MUfDunaurPcw8M8qw#Screen_Recording_2023-11-09_at_10.55

1Password Version: 8.10.20 (81020020)
Extension Version: 2.17.2 (21700201)
OS Version: macOS Sonoma 14.1.1 (23B81)
Browser: Safari Technology Preview Release 182

Comments

• CasualDeveloper
    CasualDeveloper
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, seems to be the same issue.

• Hello @CasualDeveloper! 👋

Thanks for reporting the issue! It does indeed look like the same issue that was mentioned in the thread MrC posted (thanks for the help!). Our developers have an internal work item open to investigate further and I've added your comments there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24526

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P, is there any update on this issue? I am also experiencing it and I can reproduce it reliably.

My use case is with an encrypted Time Machine drive. Every time I unlock my computer, macOS tries to mount the encrypted volume and pops up a password window for the unlock key. When I try to fill the password from 1Password I get the double authentication (Touch ID prompt twice in a row).

• Dave_1P
    edited December 2023
    Options

@EnerJi

Thanks for the follow up. The issue is still open in our developer's backlog, I've added your report to the internal work item so that our developers are aware that you're also affected. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

My use case is with an encrypted Time Machine drive. Every time I unlock my computer, macOS tries to mount the encrypted volume and pops up a password window for the unlock key. When I try to fill the password from 1Password I get the double authentication (Touch ID prompt twice in a row).

As a quick troubleshooting test: do you only see the double authentication prompt when you use Command-Backslash to fill your Login? If you press Shift-Command-Spacebar when you see the password window for your encrypted volume then are you able to open and unlock Quick Access with just one authentication prompt?

If the answer is yes then are you able to fill from Quick Access (by pressing Shift-Enter) without seeing a second prompt?

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#24526

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Dave_1P

As a quick troubleshooting test: do you only see the double authentication prompt when you use Command-Backslash to fill your Login? If you press Shift-Command-Spacebar when you see the password window for your encrypted volume then are you able to open and unlock Quick Access with just one authentication prompt?

Yes, just one authentication prompt when opening Quick Access.

If the answer is yes then are you able to fill from Quick Access (by pressing Shift-Enter) without seeing a second prompt?

I believe yes. I forgot to press shift and the item opened up instead when I hit enter, but when I tried a second time it filled right away without any other prompt. So this does appear to be restricted to using the Cmd+\shortcut.

Hope that helps.

• @EnerJi

Thank you for answering those questions, our developers are still investigating the issue and your report will help the team find a fix more quickly. I've added all of your comments to the internal work item for the issue.

Hopefully a fix is released soon in a future update. I'm sorry for the impact to your workflow.

-Dave