Asked twice to unlock quick access/autofill every time

Options
MindTooth
MindTooth
Community Member
edited October 2023 in Mac

Hi,

I've started to have the issue/annoyance that I have to login twice to unlock 1Password.

I frankly don't know why. I've tried some various stuff, but to no avail.

Any thoughts? I'll gladly provide more info if you need it.

1Password Version: 8.10.16
Extension Version: 2.15.1
OS Version: 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @MindTooth! 👋

I'm sorry that you're being asked to unlock 1Password twice. So that I can better understand the situation can you please tell me the following:

1. Are you unlocking 1Password using your account password or Touch ID? Does the same issue occur when using either option?
    2. Are you unlocking the desktop app or the browser extension?
    3. Do you see any error messages after you try to unlock 1Password the first time?

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I see this routinely now also. I use Cmd+\ to auto-fill username / password fields in an app.

When the app is locked, the first Cmd+\ seems to unlock 1Password. Then a second authentication is required to get the quick search box to appear. Fortunately I have touch ID so this isn't a big issue, but for those who have to type in their long master password, this would be a pain.

This is 100% repeatable.

• @MrC and @MindTooth

Thanks for the additional details. I've done some testing and I can reproduce this when using the 8.10.16 stable version of 1Password for Mac but not the beta. Would either of you be willing to try the beta to see if that resolves the issue for you as well:

There's a fix in the beta for a related (but distinct) issue and it's possible that it resolves the issue you're running into as well. Let me know.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#23433

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Dave_1P

I'm on beta already:

1Password for Mac 8.10.18 (81018019)

• @MrC

Thanks for confirming that. So that we can investigate further, I'd like to ask you to reproduce the issue one more time and then create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@Dave_1P

[#IWG-58783-115]

• MindTooth
    MindTooth
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

[#FWR-39368-639]

• @MrC

Please follow up with Kester.

ref: IWG-58783-115

• @MindTooth

Someone should be getting a reply out to you very soon. Keep checking your messages. 🙂

ref: FWR-39368-639

• et al.

Since we have a direct line of communication established I am going to close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.